V4 Lives on

Yes, open window and…bye bye MMA, BNO055, DOGS2 and Brick :grin:

Not sure yet. Will figure it out soon.

The robot is back. Recorded path doesn’t have all the maze planning stuff - but!!! it now works without an outside boundary - bonus!

2 Likes

Hi Brian, I have tried the last AgiO version. I have single antenna and Cmps14. Do you think is more difficult to set up the steereing system because of the new Stanley pivot?

Thank you super man.

1 Like

It will be really difficult until i actually finish programming it :slight_smile:

But no, it is exactly the same as before. If you do an abline with integral at 0, it is exactly the same as v4.3

Was thinking it might be better to have a RecPath panel so you don’t have to keep hitting the menu. It is super annoying!!!

1 Like

Hey Gianluca, Do you have a video? Would be interesting to see values of heading and roll and what the steer motor is doing.

i want to test later this evevning and make some video.

Will this new version be compatible with the current v2 board? Or when adding new items will it be specific to a new one?

Have played a little bit with the simulatior and seems there is a problem with creating the headland.
When the creator tool is closed it is display quite wrong.

Somebody else saw this problem?

v4_upgrade will be compatible when released with PCB V2

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: CMPS14 Compass

Probably an issue - its in the middle of being worked on.

I am struggling to download and run the upgrade. I see the two files in the branches “master” and “V4 upgrades”. Which of these runs the new code or do I need both? Also the “V4 upgrade” has and ,exe file to start the program and the AGIO comes up but AOG does not. The “Master” file does not have a .exe file. What am I doing wrong so I can look at the new code. Also downloaded “Visual Studio” and can not run from there either, but I can see the code. Have never used visual studio before. In the older verisons V3.0 there was an .exe file to start the program.

Is there a good video on how to use “Visual Studio”? I am struggling trying to figure out how to use to be able to run the upgrade version.

Look earlier in this post where wwfarm replied to me. He posted the links to use visual studio to build v4. It is very simple, and only take a few minutes

Thank you for response. Do I need visual studio in order to get the source file to work? Does that create an .exe file?

Yes, it creates it and puts it in the folder. Watch the video, it’s very informative.

Edit
Be sure you include the .Net framework in visual studio

Its not an upgrade, its being worked on outside of github. At the moment there is nothing publicly to even try.