V5.2 Teaser

Ya, i think that is no good. It was to not show some strange values when guidance is invalid, but now you can’t manually drive it as easily either.

Yeah wasn’t sure weather it was a bug or not. I only noticed it an hour in when doing an in crop spray where the planter tractor (greenstar) had jumped 10inches and i was lining up the sprayer on the headland.

Also reverse guidance is sweet

1 Like

Worst part of 5.2 so far is waiting for the new Ali Express tablet to fully update win10. Will be writing a review about it after some use.

Noticed in 5.2 the speed o graphic clashes over top of the zoom buttons. But overall this is really a fine user interface, the polish from 4 to 5 is very impressive.

Hi Brian and Team,

absolutely fantastic work all of you are doing. Really impressive.
Just out of curiosity What is that AV Button supposed to do? I noticed it adds SET /ACT and ERR to the main screen.

2021-07-02_13-16-18

JB

Something to do with outputting angular velocity data

WAS Less setup. Tractor without wheel angle sensor.

1 Like

Roger that!
Thank you!

Yes, playing around with angular velocity guidance. Its hard running 2 different programs with development stuff in one and the “real” one in the other. You fix something in the user version - and then you need to do the same fixes in the development version.

So often there is “secret” code in the release versions

Hi,
Will the timestamp of the sections be present in the version 5.2 ?
@KentStuff added this code in AOG-Tree and it’s very usefull, when looking at the whole field.kml in google earth, you can run the timestamp forward, backward and read the total time in the field with the section on.
Thanks

Hello,

Does it mean that WASless guidance will be available on v5.2 ? Does’it correspond to @Alan.Webb experimentation ?

Math

I think Brian’s is implemented in AOG itself rather than the arduino ino. I don’t really know what I’m doing with winforms so couldn’t attack it there. My code is very rough but the concept seems to have plenty of mileage and contrary to what I was led to believe, it doesn’t require expensive hardware or very complex code. I did it in basically 11 lines of code and it was good enough to drill maize for 7 hours!

I want to spend more time on it, if only for my own education and satisfaction.

1 Like

Hi Alan,
Can you share your arduino code ?

The concept is the same. Angular actual from gyro module (the stand alone CMPS14 but running at 100 hz loop times), angular setpoint from speed and turn angle with wheelbase from AOG.

Same as Allan, need to spend some time with it, but it seems simple enough - which it never is of course.

1 Like

11 lines is the perfect size code for troubleshooting, no scrolling required! I am especially hopeful it works on combines and swathers.

How do you prevent hitting the machines max steer angle?
How does it perform in U-turn?

I used AOG gps speed ( the lag was a bit of an issue) and rotational velocity then applied a limit to prevent over steering.

1 Like

Awesome U turn! have to build some more boards. No more swathing like a peasant. :grin:

Good you already considered over steering!

Mine is just altered code on the arduino, using standard PCBv2 . Like I said, rough code and definately needing refinement!! I’ve got loadss of versions and not even sure which that was but I’ll try to dig out the best one and post it when I can.

1 Like

Hello,

How doest it work on released v5.2 ? It take a look on Autosteer_USB_v5_0.ino and IMU_USB_v5_0.ino but I cannot see reading of angular data from gyro, either on CMPS or BNO.

Also, if I understand well, I v5 we can now connect a current sensor on A0 (or any other analog PIN) for steering disengagement. For what current sensor characteristics this is design for ? Scale of current sensor and mV/A ?

Math

1 Like

Just starting to work on it - maybe i should have hid the button lol.