(Variable) Rate control

That’s above my skill level. Thumbs up.

1 Like

Mine too.

1 Like

What kind of chart is it? Do you have to drive at a constant speed?

There are various tables, one for each working width and type of fertilizer, once you have chosen the right one, inside the table you will find the intersection between rate and speed you want to maintain and obtain the position of the levers

Could you modify the machine ino to get rate data from the variable version? I am really struggling to get those percentages out. I only need that as usable values

After answering the questions above, I started wondering about a different method to define the rate areas. What if each product had its own map and rate areas. This may or may not be useful. Currently it was written to read the kml. But…

You only need the number on the left? Read into the machine ino? All five? How large of a number? 1000, 10000, 100000? Decimal places?

I get in the way. Maybe sending the PGN230 also to the machine module, with its parser, could it work?

1 Like

Would the new files be compatible with kml files? Could you convert between the two so that you could still use kml files from other software?

I do not know yet, if even possible. But the plan would be to read current maps as is. But be able to export single product rate maps. If they were different. I can’t even begin to think about converting between the two. From existing to separate, easy. From separate to combined, hey hey. That is much more difficult.

Reading the percentage in the current machine ino should not be a problem.

Yes the machine ino just has to process the pgn.

I believe that the PGN230 is not sent to the machine port, looking at the traffic with a spy serial monitor I find only the PGN239 and 254

Are you using the KentStuff version?

Yes, the one from 4 days ago, maybe it is only on the loopback network

That is correct. At this point it is not sent to the ports.

1 Like

do you think it can be added?

Edit, I’ve managed to add it, modified AgIO :grin:

1 Like

If you want to post the changes here I’ll add it.

AgIO.zip.txt (2,9 MB)
Same story, remove the .txt

case 0xE6: //230 VR
                           {
                               SendModule2Port(data, data.Length);
                               SendModule1Port(data, data.Length);
                               break;
                           }

This is what I found you added, anything else?

No, anything else :sweat_smile: