(Variable) Rate control

Without the rate app, it works. See here:
AGOPENGPS without rate control

Are you using a switchbox with the rate app?

No, I don’t have a separate switch box. The RCNano should switch the valves.

I can replicate the error with a switchbox connected, but not when the rate app is used alone.
Capture

I did change the code for the switches between versions. I was trying to fix the problem that occurs when all sections are switched off. In that case the master switch also turns off. I thought it should remain on even if all sections are switched off. When a section is switched back on, the master switch also has to be switched on.

I will try to fix the fix!

Ahh, Sorry. You mean with the “switchbox” the nano with switches.

Thanks for fixing. You are the best.!

Now i worked on a new Terminal and a Relais-Box for our Hardy-Sprayer with 9 Sections. Based on your schematics. When the first version is finished i’ll publish the files.

5 Likes

Looks good.

Try this version.
RateControllerApp.zip (3.8 MB)

1 Like

This Version works. Perfect !!!

Interesting app. I experimented with it a little. I watched the applied rate match the target rate when I sped up the AOG vehicle. Rate went to 0 on headlands. So it is a standalone app that gets speed and shutoffs from AOG? The control box looks very commercial. You could replace the metal box with a screen like the attached.

1 Like

Good evening @SK21, i’m working with @m_elias for him to build me the all in one pcb. I was checking with you that if i build another rate control board and use your rate controller that it will communicate with it? I remember way back when on this post you worked with me to activate the sections into whatever function we wanted. I believe it was a debugged file for the rate controller. How stable do you have this now? Doesn’t look like many people are using such a great system from what i see!

The rate controller will communicate with rc5 or rc8. I am testing a teensy rate board. It would also communicate with any board that uses the rate pgns. It is stable for the earlier boards.

So aglo can communicate the arduino rc8 and the new all in one pcbs teensie?

RC8 communicates with the rate app. The rate app communicates with AOG.

Thank you very much, been away from it since summer. All makes sense now! I’m going to work on building another of your RC8! How far away are ya from reworking a Teensie into the board? Did you ever add in anymore section control switches? maybe i should look up the github, you prolly have my questions answered in there. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Probably another month for the teensy board. The rate app can do 16 switches.

On the screen yes, physical toggle switches on the pcb in the box instead of 4 sections. some people had talked that maybe 6 or so would be nice to have. Hard to press touchscreen section bouncing down the field versus flipping a toggle switch! Just a thought!

Hi everyone,
i need help to use the VR in AGO.
My first problem is how to open and view correctly a shapefile in AGO.
Thanks!
p.s. sorry for my english!

Shapefile support is in development, but it’s not available in 5.7 tho.

Fantastic news that .shp support is in dvelopment! I will wait for that version.
Now i can do something for solving my problem, like convert shapefile in kml and load it in AGO?
there is a guide that explein how to do this operation?

While you’re mentioning shapefiles, would it be possible to receive a copy of them? The more we can test, the better. Thanks