Version 4.1, Download Release 4.3.10

I tried that today… I had an arm with 1" of adjustment in it. When I zeroed the sensor it ripped the ball socket off… due to the geometry I just can’t get it to work. Once the wheels to go full lock the arm is moving front to back and not side to side any more. The sensor is currently completely stroked out in both directions. I see in another thread someone found a workaround in the code. I will try that for now until I come up with a better way to mount the sensor. Like I said before though I really like where it is now as it’s completely out of the way. My first install was out on the steering arm and I always felt like it was going to get ripped off or stepped on out there.

The code is on line 506:
steerSettings.steeringPositionZero = 1533 + Serial.read(); //read steering zero offset

Change the 1533 to what works.

You could drill 3 new holes ( 10 degrees turn) in the metal ring with arm on sensor, and

Thank you!

Unfortunately the sensor is already stroked out both directions.

I think a video of the movement of sensor when steering max left and right can help here.
As far as I can see on picture, the sensor is mounted at the middle of front axle, and there should be no ackermann effect there if sensor arm is parallel to middle steer arm.
So why does sensor not give about 2,5 v when in the middle/center of its possible movement.

That’s correct, there is no Ackerman effect. However, due to the geometry of the axle, the trunion pretty much stops moving side to side and starts moving front to back when the wheels are nearly at full lock. If I were able to mount the sensor closer to the front of the tractor, or if it had a few more degrees of rotation I could overcome this but it is as far forward as I can get it. Editing the code should be a simple fix.

I think you have created an ackermann effect, because it looks like the ball joint (for your sensor tie rod) on the trunion is not at the center line between its pivot points.
And your counts from center to the sides is not the same, 3800 (5300-1500) to one side and 5700 (4200 +1500) to the other. Those counts does not change even if you by programming “move” center count to another number, it will just be from 0 to 3800 right and 0 to -5700 left.

It was a necessary evil due to the lesser amount of travel of the sensor as opposed the trunion. There is no Ackerman effect for the majority of the steering angles, I would estimate only the last 10⁰ or so suffers.

I am still suspicious about your setup. Please post pictures of max left and max right, (like the first picture showing center)

@Kevin I submitted an update to Brian today which is basically a duplication of his keypad but in the form of a basic US Keyboard.

In what I submitted the on screen keyboard is off by default but can be enabled by going to the options menu on the top left of the application.

When enabled, simply ‘click’ on the textbox you want to type in and the Keyboard will appear.

It is basic as I have a need for it in my set up and with seeding just around the corner it was done rather quickly.

I will look to add other keyboard styles/languages later unless others want to do it now.

Can you post the code for the control itself on your github?

I’ve uploaded it Brian. Sorry I uploaded the original version before.

1 Like

@aRBe been busy with planting. Thanks! Sounds great! I will check it out.

v4.2.01 has Ray’s keyboard.

Is it a beta or can I install it without worrying about bugs? Nvm I just read the post about it being a beta.

There’s a newer version too …

I meant to tell you sooner. That keyboard works great thank you very much!

The keyboard design implemented was very much improved by Brian.

I’m glad you like it.

1 Like

I figured that genius brain of his head something to do with it as well. Thank You Brian!
I have been trying to learn some c#. I had been playing around with some minor mods just so I can understand and learn how to program. If I wanted to open formJob on startup, what would be the keywords and what file would it go in?
Thanks,
Kevin