Wheel Angle sensor

The thing is it came on a tractor when bought, so it’s not that i want to buy one of those.

2 Likes

#winning

The WAS can be a tricky install sometimes, what luck to have one ready to go!

So, if installed, you only have to find out which terminals are provided, check out the type and manufactor of the WAS sensor.

Edit: installed like this example:

Yes i think it’s exactly one like that, now i just need a wiring idea for those, maybe somebody knows. To me it’s the same as the ones from AcDelco but maybe i’m wrong.

May be some photos of the WAS sensor itself helps.

The LD-Agro holder and sensor look like a copy af AG-leader, so perhaps you could find more about wiring on AG-leader site.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ag-leader+was+sensor&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjO2-Opup74AhVDKewKHWBLCJQQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=ag-leader+was+sensor&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJ1DSCFj8FWDJGWgAcAB4AIABRIgB3wOSAQE4mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=geagYo6XDMPSsAfglqGgCQ&bih=722&biw=1536#imgrc=CXiZ8sPKgKvS6M

Check out this example of AG-leaders manual:

You can see the wire colors of the WAS plug,

I guess
red … 5 Power supply (5V or if radiometric type VBatt)
green… Signal
black … GND

But keep in mind, if the senor is not an radiometric type and You connect 12V to 5V you WAS is death!!!

Edit:
same Manual:

but look red / black wires a crossed :sweat_smile:

It seems outer wires are sensor voltage supply, inner is signal

Is there a way i can know if it’s a radiometric type? Because there is zero description or Model Number or anything on the sensor.

At first you can try supplying only 5 VDC. If its a radiometric type it needs 10 … 30 V supply voltage.

I’m using elobau sensors, which are reverse polarity proof.

Following Multimeter measurements on my 5V variant: (elobau 424A06A120)
1…0V, 2…Ub(5V), 3 Out (0,5-4,5V)

Out → Ub = 169 Ohm
Out ← Ub = 172 Ohm
Out <-> 0V = 6020 Ohm
Ub <-> 0V = 5940 Ohm

Hi Brian,

I am trying to learn as much as I can WAS and came across the camaro sensor referred to above. You provided a link https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/tree/v4201/Support_Files/Docs with a bunch of pictures but its resulting in an error tried playing around with the address and came up with AgOpenGPS/Support/Docs at master · farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS · GitHub but it got nothing on WAS. Can I have the updated address for the bunch of pictures. Thanks.

Question - does it matter if the sensor is on the front left or right wheel?

Not really, Ackerman setting can go + or -. Most important when mounting is to use as much of the sensor range as possible to get the best resolution possible and as close to center as possible when the wheels are straight.

When setting WAS center in AoG, is important to get it as close to perfect as you can. Counts Per Degree isn’t as fussy but it’s good if the displayed steering angle is pretty close in both directions.

2 Likes

What readings should I get in kOhms on rqh100030 I got prewired connector for it but its wierd

It rotates 360 deg in circle infinitely is that normal

These are hall sensors, they do not show resistance value like a potentiometer. They can rotate 360 degrees, but they will only output 90 degrees if the sensor has a 90 degree measuring range.

1 Like

I just figured it out, it works but doesnt go entirely to 0v and to 5v. Ty

0.5 volt - 4.5 volt measuring range is normal

2 Likes