Where to connect Dogs2 Y axis

From the description it looks like an incorrectly oriented gyroscope. If AG is waving the wheels when the front of the tractor goes up or down, what else could it be?
Check what ROLL displays when you tilt a tractor or box to the right or left backwards or forwards.

3 Likes

When dogs2 installed, mma8452 for x axis needed. Same when brick2 is installed bno055 needed

I think you get it all wrong!
When you use dogs2 it is to get the x or should I say roll,you just have to mount it correctly.
If you use dogs2 you should disconnect mma 8452 so it can’t mess anything up.
I would prefer using dogs2!
Why on earth would you use both brick and bno055 for heading? I don’t even think it is possible.
Actually the brick in fact has a bno055 inside, but it looks like the brick works better than bno055 on nano for heading.

1 Like

Just take the Dogs2 in your hand and make the same motion as roll. Does it show a positive roll when you tilt it to the right?

Looks like it is 90 degrees out.

My dogs2 in installed just above rear axle at exact center. I have calibrated 0 using spirit level tube and also with digital. My zero offset is 0.13.
when I tilt at right, readings shows in positive.
My setup with antenna is,dogs2 is right below the antenna at 45 cm distance.

20200704_173016

From the picture and the above text, then your setup should work fine.
But I notice that it seems to be a quite small tractor, so a little steering angle change, make the tractor change direction more than on a bigger tractor.
Also be aware of the program and system delay,
The two things mentioned above, make me strongly advice to move antenna more to the front.1 or 2 m in front of pivot point.
As antenna is now at only 45 cm behind pivot point(I assume you have put that correctly in the vehicle setup), it will take some time before rear axle has moved enough to the side, to tell AOG to turn the other way.
I am not sure, but Brian can definitely tell both if and how AOG handles steering with antenna placed behind pivot point (the fact that antenna moves opposite direction at beginning of turn).
Play with agressivness when in stanley mode, or look ahead in both seconds and meters when in pure P mode.

Thank you…I will try

IT is all a lot easier/better to have the antenna ahead of the non steering wheels.