Who can help with Documentation?

Absolutely

This was sitting drafted but not sent earlier today…

I think anything is better than nothing. Yes there is a fear that info will be outdated once it’s created. However, the basic underlying principles and user functions of the program won’t change. The goal would be a text and photo manual that can change sections as the program and its features evolve. Videos can be added linked and would be a great resource provided they are in the right language for the viewer.

We have to start somewhere. AgOpenGPS at the moment looks very intimidating to a new user. A win would be if they have a quick start guide to gain success.

5 Likes

We had a good intro meeting today I’ll post that with permission from those who attended. I will be posting a first attempt at a Table of Contents which we can hash out and then we’ll divvy up the topics and get this document/ wiki finished up. The consensus was that we focus more on a quick start guide complete with translated/subtitled videos. Stay tuned, some great collaboration is about to happen.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Great work from You guys, and nice video meeting.
From my point of view it is important to separate hardware from software as hardware is more constant.
Hardware: Lets say, placement of WAS, antena, compass and vires for it.
Software: icon meenings.
I realy support Brian suggestion to have YT channel, videos are more intuitive.

1 Like

What’s the status on this? I’d like to lend a hand if possible.

Hi,
Thanks to all the people that are helping with this task, it is a big job but a very important one.

If I can make one request:
I would like a one page quick start guild. I installed AOG in 3 tractors this winter and my Dad is going to need to learn how to run AOG. I think if I could give him a one page with step by step instructions with images of the buttons that simply show how to get a A-B line, or possibly boundary’s set up.

But keep it simple and easy to read (for an old guy that never has his glasses with him lol)

this is a sample of what I had in mind just a different application

20210306_174329 .

2 Likes

This is exactly what we’re building and it will go along with V4.6 when released.

1 Like

If you’re on Telegram I can add you to the group.

Sure! I’m in the AgOpenGPS group. Same username.

i would be interested to be involved too

1 Like

How are you getting on with documentation?

1 Like

We’re getting going on it again. Had to finish my barn construction first. We’re hoping for a release of new manual and videos December 15th 2021

8 Likes

As new manual is coming up. we were discussing this on telegram. Maybe my suggestion is not correct according to what the programmers had in mind but here it is (Figure 3.3.1 Heading in manual): My suggestion then are to change this line: Fix tigger distance: Distance in meters to start recognizing movement. To: Fix trigger distance: Distance in meters for heading, above and below min. speed. See Note 1 below
(please correct the typo as well, the missing r) :slight_smile:
Note could be at end of manual or just after figure 3.3.1

Note 1:That fix setting does both. The heading calculation distance when going above and below the min speed. When travelling below min speed, the heading is calculated by going the trigger distance - bam a new heading. then you have to travel that distance again before a new heading is calculated. Once you exceed the min speed setting, then the heading is calculated every fix but goes back the trigger distance you have set.

At page 31 (6.-AgIO Components) the number 10 is missing: in the chart 9 is telling what 10 is:-(

I think it is the line for number 6, Steer module port that is missing in the chart.

Working on it :wink:

3 Likes

Is the manual released? If so, where do I find it?

When you click HELP in AOG you get the manual.
Or look for the manual.pdf in AOG program folder. There are a couple of different languages

I made this for my Dad, try to help get him more familiar and get started in a field.
Its very simple, but I think it covers enough to jog the memory to make sure he covers all the needed steps.
I am open to suggestions

Start Guide.pdf (258.3 KB)

6 Likes

gps manual.pdf (620.0 KB)

3 Likes