Who can help with Documentation?

Hey all, I’ve been very quiet lately around here. I’ve been very busy with a building project. I was mid process in creating a User Manual for v4 AgOpenGPS but then my building project took over. I’m a bit of a control freak in how I wanted the documentation to look so I stopped. I’m letting go of that need to be in control and trying out my delegation skills

Documentation is desperately needed and I feel I’ve let you guys down on that. In this community we’ve got a lot of people who want to help in some fashion but don’t know how to code. Here is your chance! Let’s get this User Manual/Wiki together. We have the opportunity to use Microsoft Teams to work on this. I’m looking for a few people who are interested in helping with this.

Who’s interested?

7 Likes

I would like to help.

1 Like

If you need any graphic ask me :wink:

1 Like

I would like to help!

1 Like

Id like to help too, maybe we could structure a manual or wiki around the little structure scheme I created yesterday?
https://discourse.agopengps.com/t/agopengps-basic-structure-scheme/3857

2 Likes

I have a brother who is a technical writer. we would both like to help were we are able.

2 Likes

I did see this, I think we will use that for sure.

Will do!

Sweet, those are great skills.

I would like to help.

1 Like

Structured in wiki?
Thinking we need docs for Aog itself (practical) and apart
“fundamentals”

I was thinking an index/outlined potentially PDF user manual that gets bundled with the download.

This would also be a wiki in the same format but the wiki will have the added bonus of being a live working document for v5 and beyond.

1 Like

I’ve sent a message to everyone who has responded so far. We’re going to try and set up a Zoom meeting to discuss this. If anyone is interested in helping with this documentation project please respond to this thread.

Also if you want to help but aren’t comfortable working in English we will still need your help because the documentation will need to be translated into a few different languages but we are starting with English.

Thanks in advance it would be amazing if we could get this done by Spring. Many hands make light work.

1 Like

Hello I am kansasfarmer’s brother. I would like to help. I am a senior in college majoring in Tech Writing. But I don’t actually have much real world experience.

2 Likes

I will try to help, I am weak at English but I have a lot of practical experience in installing AGOPEN.

2 Likes

For those interested in helping with documentation we’re going to have a Zoom meeting to discuss and plan how to do this best. This meeting time could change so please stay tuned. All are welcome!

Wilbert Talen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: AgOpenGPS Documentation meeting 1
Time: Feb 10, 2021 04:00 PM Halifax (UTC 20:00)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 848 3082 4033
Passcode: 460826

Find your local number: Zoom International Dial-in Numbers - Zoom

Wilbert, we were discussing on telegram, about the fact that, by the time documentation is ready, so many changes to the software have come. Curt McNaughton made a suggestion of multiple people do a short video of parts of AOG setup and operation and post them on the discourse under a heading. What do you think ?

1 Like

The new communication structure. Now don’t freak out - it is less complicated then it looks :slight_smile:

Network

4 Likes

What is AgVR, VR module?

3 Likes

It is nice to read instructions as well though.

1 Like