Wiggle in AB line

Hello
I have a pcb v2 with bno085 electric steer motor last season i used to spread fertilizer was good enough for that . But now i have some time to fine tune i have it pretty good holds the line fairly well i want to sow new crops with it . I have spent a few days up and down 500 meter run but i find in one spot it wanders of about 13 cm and has trouble getting back come back the other way and some times it jumps out to one side suddenly for no reason i still have RTK but it seems like it just drops out im using stanly and i have tried most settings have spent a hole two days is this something that others have had problems with as i really dont know what to do next .
thanks chris

I don’t know if it will help you, but when I started with AOG I had problems with the ADS1115, the address jumped because the ads moved and did not make good contact with the board. Bend the sideburns a little to the sides so that they fit under pressure and not move and it worked well for me.

Main thing is steer/motor settings, but I also tried many possible settings without great result.

Problems that occurred was, phidgets motor was too weak(and pump failing), loose WAS, tablet overheating and slowing down.

And I switch to PANDA so that helped, fixing problems mentioned above improved steering. But yours problems can be anything. Check connections and wires, check that you don’t have cold solder joints. If possible switch to PANDA, mount IMU lowest reasonable place like next to seat. Try 90/10 IMU/GPS Fusion. Observe what’s happening at those moments that it starts going of the AB line.

You can increase/decrease CPD to value that steer good it doesn’t have to coupled with actual wheels angle (if you don’t need curved line u turn etc.)

Thank s i will try the ADS1115 for loose contacts its possible i guess . In a long run 500 meters it gets of line going one way struggles to get back the other way all of a sudden jumps out a couple of meters its in the same spot each time its like im loosing signal i have base and rover with long range im only about 1 klm from base i will try the ADS
thanks chris

Hello
I will do some more runs and try and spot somthing going wrong my IMU is mounted in the pcb box on the floor of tractor so its pretty low I am running 50/50 imu gps if i run more imu it struggles to go straight it fights itself i am not sure what you mean with CPD value ?
thanks chris

CPD = Count per degree, setting in autosteer configuration. Normally it is recommended to set it to display real wheel angle from record function or picture of wheels at full turn and getting angle. But when it struggles to get to line or is too aggressive regardless of other settings you can change CPD value until it steers better. Choose all other settings that gets you best steering now, then you can try changing CPD.

hi
The cpd sorry did not recognize the abbreviation is about the only thing that i have not played around with since i set it . I will give that a try as well as ive spent two days fiddling with other settings it maybe the thing im missing will let you know how i get on
thanks chris

I had simular behaviour. Do not forget to set gps/roll fusion to 1 or zero!

Thank you i will try that as well i did a bit yesterday and it seems the tractor is following the imu to much so i am going back to the start with all setting and will try again maybe i should just run 100% gps im not sure but its soaking up a lot of time that i struggle to find it frustrating
chris

It is frustrating indeed. Give more imu! Normally more imu than gps, 70%imu 30%gps works fine for me.

Ensure you have 10hz GPS signal

Hi
I have spent more time with all settings that have been suggested . At this stage it drives the straightest with the imu at 10% gps 90% the more imu i give it the worse it goes is this normal.
chris

Thanks last time i checked i did have 10HZ but will check again . as mentioned above it seems to go best with 10% imu 90% gps
chris

A few more ideas of things to check.

1. Does your W.A.S. reading seem stable, or does it jump around?

2. If it steers better without imu, maybe there is something going on with that. Bad connection possibly?

Do you lose RTK at this spot? Can you test at a different location to make sure there isn’t some sort of receiver interference?

Hi
and thanks no i dont loose RTK the WAS seems stable I have not tried in a different spot i will give that a go and see what happens
chris