You turn

@KentStuff - This wasn’t suppose to happen today, I got rained out. We’ll take it. The winner so far is Turn radius. I started with my normal wheel base and radius and went thru all 4 options. I was headed thru the second time when the rain came. I’ll try with different tractor settings tomorrow. Pretty tricky, be able t try 4 options with 1 build!

@PotatoFarmer - Had a dumb s–t attack this morning - we won’t talk about that!!
I did your 50 - 60 settings and when I get to 2 on the P (top bar) I’m turning into the line and the PWM is showing 51. My current setting the lowest PWM I see is 19 when turning into the line. What would you have me do next?

Rain is a good thing. Well timed rain is nothing short of a miracle. We wait.

I have been trying micro2 and now the latest version on my tractor mower.I just need more time to test it and can let you know how I get on. Do you know if or how the geo stop works? I have tried but no success.

I will try to send instruction screenshots tonight, 51 seems very high.

What motor are you using?

It works now. Geofence in the below image. Running on Relay 8 again.

Seven section limit again.

Compiled version here:

AOGMicro2-GeoFence.zip

Source Code:

1 Like

I led you astray slightly with the instructions, I must be running an older version of V5 on the tablet. This is how it works in 5.6 You just are trying to limit motor pwm to see when it first can move on the machine.

4 Likes

@PotatoFarmer - Just a little different. I’ll get it done this am.

Thanks Kentstuff the geo fence works well and uturn much better. I find the “look factor” adjustment a bit course but need more time for testing. Thanks for your work on the new micro2 it is turning much sharper than the old micro and returns to the line well . I will test more and let you know, the neighbours think I have gone mad going up and down staring at a computer.

1 Like

Thanks I used the min set up and found it very helpful it needed to be much higher than I had set it.

1 Like

Maybe change the precision to 0.01? Or just make the range from 0.5 to 1.5? It is a multiplier of the look ahead in the pp.

Most of my neighbors are relatives. They all know that I’m mad. So they don’t think much about me wondering in the yard anymore. LoL. They don’t bother you much when you are mad. Might be good side effect.

Found the same thing, was running 18 thinking it was doing something, now run 28 for min and it responds much better.

So you guys are increasing your min setting and getting better results? I did PatatoFarmers min setting deal yesterday and then then a lot of other variations but left min alone. Not very good results.

I tried 2 different screen recorders and both crashed the computer. Any suggestions?

Not just increasing the setting, setting it tightly to where it should be, with an actual method to find the number.

If AOG is trying to correct to the line with nothing happening overshoot is inevitable. Also having the motor powered up but stalled unable to turn at low pwm just generates a bunch of unwanted heat.

I have tested micro2 on my mower for the last 2 hours and now have a headache but I have it working quite well.
Speed must be 3,5km or less when turning
Uturn set to min 3-4m
Look factor 1.4
It appears to try to follow the uturn line when turning so if you go to fast that’s not possible and causes over steer. In the past one would make the uturn longer to help line up on the next line and avoid over shoot but by adjusting the look factor it can be kept to a minimum of 4m. So now I have got this far I will carry on with Micro2 as it seems better than the previous version.

@simonw

Is this the middle of the 3 settings?

Question for all:

Should the drawn uturn be based on speed? Or should the unit slow to a speed to make the turn? If traveling at a speed, what speed should the turn be based?

I mow faster than I’m comfortable turning at. So I’ll slow to turn.

Perhaps we have a selection for the uturn speed? And then base the turn radius based on this?

I mow at 4.5 - 5 mph and I’ll set my turn speed at 3.5. (as soon as I get this dialed in I’ll hook up my throttle control)

I also mow at this speed and usually skip 3 I find this works well. I converted the tractor mower to electric with 3 motor driven rotary blades so it is possible to slowdown triggered by the headland. It relies on the geo fence to stop when finished. I am happy with the old micro but one always likes to do better so tried micro2. I find it is now possible to turn without skips if you slow down and reduce the approach and exit of the uturn to 3m and 4m. I think it is quite difficult for the GPS to update fast enough on tight turns so that is the limiting factor so it will be necessary to slow down to about 3.5k