Zigzag line entrance small tools

Do you want to do a pull request, then we can compare the code?

What’s kind of funny is i have bounced back and forth between pivot and steer axle and ahead and back again to pivot where it is now. Each way has its own advantages it seems.

Perhaps a setting for look ahead distance as 5 m is pretty far for the 2m widths

Well, I downloaded the whole code and modified it. Instead of clone from github. I don’t know how to get it back in tune with github to compare it. If someone could figure that out, I’d be glad to.

I uploaded the files that I changed to my github above. I downloaded a compare add-on to VS. I’ve use it several time to see the differences in your code when there were several comits.

I’ve worked out how to base the forward look on a 2 second look ahead or the min radius, which ever is greater. Currently, I’m trying to add a dubins path when swapping ablines. For instance, two lines with a 45 degree to the right difference in heading, if you have a tight radius and low intergal, it will attempt to turn left hard to the line then hard back right to get to the line. With dubins, it just starts turning right and will stay that direction while approaching the line.

Again, I’ve tried to follow how to re link the github to post the pull requests, to no avail, if someone knows an easy way please let me know.

Just for this kind of parameter distance , time can we add it on setting page or kind of advanced setting page?

Do you have the whole solution somewhere rather then just a few files?

Yes, github had a problem with the upload, said it had more than 100 files?? I’ll try again.

@BrianTee_Admin , I believe these are the changes. I just started over from your latest base. This does not have the small tool settings for the angular velocity and the adjustment for the half track width.

Edit: I forgot the Return from ABDraw. It has been added.

It moved the zig zag problem to a different spot while driving. some ways its better, but some ways even worse.

There is also the situation where the autosteer button stays on all the time, and the steer control is separately activated in the module

Not sure if you are saying that the autosteer button is turned on at the start of the field and then just toggle between the lines or if it comes on random and it will not turn off? If the first is true, then it must just simply toggle the autosteer button when switching lines, that is how it is set up now. If the latter is true, then I must have a bug somewhere.

And if Autosteer is turned on outside of AOG, then all AOG would know is that the button is pushed and autosteer button is on.

I’m of the opinion that the sticky AB is useless for a large tool. But, invaluable when using a small tool and trying to find the correct line. Probably should be on an option if included in the main code.

I am going to try this on my own maize drilling possibly tomorrow or Friday.

I’ve had some success in creating a dubins from the current ABLine to the next switched line and going the direction that you want to go. In the image below, there are two arrows (right and left) if you switch the ABline it will draw a dubins to that line. In the two first pictures, it is just after the click. In the third picture is is showing just before the click. The green line is the next ABLine in the cycle. The white dot to the left is the goal point. The left green arrow says it will turn left. This is all built on the Sticky AB Hack.

2 Likes

No i’m saying the autosteer button remains on all the time. The steer switch is turned off and on.

Like turn on autosteer, flip the motor out of the way, autosteer button is still on. Line locked.

Does the logic then become…

if (((!mf.isAutoSteerBtnOn || mf.mc.steerSwitchValue != 0) && ((mf.secondsSinceStart - lastSecond) > 1)) || !isABValid || mf.yt.isYouTurnTriggered)

in order to retain > 1 sec check and line lock and most possible operation setups.

Also added a setting for look ahead time value.
Screenshot_23

After working with it in the simulator for some time now, I’m not sure the 1 second check is necessary. Either you are wanting to follow a line or not. Either you are looking for the closest line or not. I may be missing someone’s application that would want to hesitate between looking for a new line. 10 seconds might be a bit rich, but if it was less, someone would post tomorrow if it could be higher. I do like that option from 10 to 0 or 1, that would allow those who want it under the back axle that liberty as well.

It also needs to be able to turn it off

Yes, agree. We’ve also added a manual next ABLine or previous ABLine to the mix. With locking the ABLine, advancing to the next line would benefit the non autosteer group that has no you-turn steering control. You can overshoot and get on the wrong line, but that is a separate issue.

Do you mind me adding this into AOG?

I’ve thought the dubins jump to next line would be super handy for headlands.

Absolutely! anything to help.

3 Likes

The long road of making sure it works for everyone in every setup begins lol

3 Likes

Tried it with the power harrow and seemed to have several odd issues. Auto section didn’t work and it seemed to be putting the u-turn either waaaay into the field or in the hedge?? Maybe it’s some other issue but seemed odd. Almost like the field is corrupted somehow?

Going to try again in an hour or so.

Running curve or ABLine?

Make sure you get the copy from the github that I sent Brian, it has the least amount of code modifications.

Dubins manual uTurn and lateral shift ! Inspired by the awesome @KentStuff

Screenshot_25

Tricky to work with offsets

4 Likes