AB Guidance line is incorrect

I think its an offset and possibly implement width problem.
Most machines ive used require an offset of something. How greedy are you being on your total tool width

I will try to explain the gaps! Reason for larger gap than expected between 1. and 2. pass, could be machine drag or incorrect WAS zero setpoint. Then the same “fault” will create a too small gap (24 inches) between 1. and 3. pass.
BUT now it gets weird, because normally the gap between the 2. and 4th pass should be your desired 30 inches, and I have no explanation how you did that at 48 inches.
Make a video while doing the same thing again!

1 Like

How much this effects pass to pass? Bad was 0 should drive bad, but how does it affect machine offset?

Did you put in the offset of the position (right) antenna from the center line of the tractor?

This is not exact numbers just as example:
Let us say WAS is 1 degree from center, so tractor drive straight by hand and show 1 degree.
Now AOG tell tractor to drive straight but to compensate for the 1 degree off, then tractor have to be something like 10 to 20 cm beside the AB line. And going back the exact same AB line (still with autosteer engaged) tracks from tractor would be 20 to 40 cm between each other.
Same thing will happen if your dual antennas are not mounted at exactly 90 degree, and or the heading is not compensated in AOG (or compensated the opposite way.

Looks like your left antenna bracket is loose and rotated some. That is definitely affecting your heading, your antennas are not square to the tractor. If its loose and flopping around then that is really going to affect everything.

Your antenna installation looks tidy but it is not perfect. If those are the beacons I am thinking of, they have a diecast metal top and are definitely shading some satellites. Your ground planes are lopsided and do not extend past the antennas at all.

An ideal installation is antenna mounted in the center of a 6" metal disc, antennas at same height up above everything else, antennas at a right angle to the tractor, antennas as far apart as practically possible, antennas 3’ in front of the rear axle, and antenna wires facing the same way.

But I think if you just pivot that left antenna and tighten it up, that will be good enough.

Those tree branches will get ya.

I think this is likely the issue, along with the wonky antenna install as pointed out by wildbuckwheat

I’m having the exact same issues. But I’ve got a single antenna

Maybe you accidentally typed a gps offset? See the solution in this thread! Look in post 19 Jumping gps signal

In the antenna dimensions configuration I had put tractor width instead of zero indicating that it was in the center of the tractor… that was my cause for issues. But thanks anyway

is your roll correction correct?

Yeah zeroed it in the shop

1 Like

Interesting, I did not expect it be so bad. Only when on the line tractor always trying to steer that 1 deg to side but AOG compensating and driving on the line. Especially with integral to push tractor back to line.

I had average pass to pass spacing of either about 24" or 36" when it should have been 30" turned out the problem was bad ackerman settings and hence a bad WAS 0. I changed the ackerman setting untill the WAS read the same degrees of angle at my mechanical steer limit both left and right, then re zero’d the WAS. tractor now drives pretty good. not perfect, but close enough to use and fine tune as i go. I had no idea that Ackerman would effect WAS 0.

1 Like

Have you resolved this?

It really look like satellite draft since each pass seems to be 6 inches more towards the top than previous one.