AB Line issues

I’m glad there are two people in the world that don’t know what a tram line is. I had to ask also. The abline is where you plant. The tram line is where you always drive when spraying or etc. They sometimes don’t plant on these lines as to save seed.

That is my understanding.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered about this too! Makes sense now.

To complete @KentStuff

It is not only visual;
In AOG tram line can be use to control with arduino machine the way to apply seeding or what you want link to tram line

AOG manage left (D13) or and right (D12) one indepandantly on arduino board

Check Support files on Schematics\MachineUSB_Schematic.png

Tram line need to be set from an AB line You can chose only one side to show tram line , if not working reverse the “AB line” button

Ok so no effect on the steering control or AB line

no tram line are based according an AB line…

Im going to log into my f9p tomorrow and see how many satellites I am picking up. Using Aortners latest config…what number should I be looking for as far as avg satellite count.

Europeans don’t seed where they drive with tramlines then they run the sprayer down the same tracks. Australians are also fans of controlled traffic farming that takes it a step further leaves all the compaction in one spot using the same tramlines year after year. Saves Fuel, the harder tramlines with no crop to push out of the way decreases rolling resistance.

We are a tad behind in this respect in Canada, it seems its speed above all over here more HP!

I have a neighbor that has used tram lines for years without gps or any other guidance. His wore out tram lines is his gps. Crooked as a snake, but repeatability and ntrip is not a problem. And he does not miss any coverage. He would not know what is a tram line but does know how to use it. LOL. I guess we are just catching up.

1 Like

I think those with smaller fields are more able to innovate, or change to new methods faster. If you try something new on a 20ac field its not as big a gamble, and easier to measure the outcome quickly. Also nimble smaller equipment suits itself better to controlled traffic farming. But at the cost of Canola seed its pretty smart.

Having AOG on the lawnmower makes it much easier to try out and learn AOG settings, and test changes, more often. Saves a lot of fuel driving aimlessly in the 4wd. Just got AOG into an old Stieger Panther III at my friends farm, another Trimble is for sale if anyone’s in the market :rofl:.

2 Likes

Well I think I have narrowed it down to the gps unit…I created an AB line sat in one spot and watched the error slowly increase. The WAS actual reading never moves so this tells me the WAS is ok. I am using WAAS gps signal at the moment and while I sit in on spot my error distance off the line increases. Going to try the same test with RTK enabked to see if i run into the same issue.

WAAS always has that drifting issue, I am pretty sure you will never go back from RTK once you have tried it.

1 Like

We have rtk now its just over cellular so I lose it every now and again.

Tried with RTK signal no luck…still had a 6inch offset when going west to east. Anyone else using a delphi sensor on a 4wd articulate tractor? I feel like the slop between the two articulating points may be an issue when driving straight through a rough field acc degrees bounce from 0.0 to 0.8ish. Sitting still WAS is perfect. This tractor would be a good candidate for was less steering.

Are you using Agopen 5th edition? Articulated joints are difficult to drive. When you are driving away from the line, pay attention to what the steering sensor shows. It is often the case that an articulated tractor sticks to a small unevenness, e.g. in a rut, and cannot get out of it even though it is turned at an angle. In version 5, the integral does that.
For version 5, Stanley works best for me. Reduction of overrun 3 - 4, aggressiveness 0.8 - 1.3

Yes I agree been using stanley as PP was not as good what is your ackerman set to since the sensor is in the true middle we shouldnt need any ackerman correct ? Using AOG 5.2 most recent update

Any benfits or difference in using fix to fix versus vtg in the new 5.2 software

1 Like

Very good question, been using fix to fix. To me it sounds like the same thing just where the vector is calculated. Would really like to know the full answer to this as well.

Finally installed visual studio, to try and see what is happening beyond the .ino.

… I just experienced the opposite… I was seeding and when driving east-west tractor was several times off the line by 10 cm and not getting to it. West - east no problem. To me it looked like integral in Stanley didn’t do its job (counter did count up but never got to line) . Also tried changing the nice centered steer angle sensor a bit but no succes.
After an hour of changing settings driving in stanley, changed to PP and problem was gone…
(also newest aog version)