All in One PCB

What diameter/gauge the wires that connect the steering electric motor and WAS to the PCB should have?

1 Like

It will depend on how long the cable runs are and what voltage and size of motor.

For a 24V Phidgets 1mm2 is ok.

The wheel angle sensor, I’d use 0.75mm2.

1 Like

Is the AIO board suitable for using along with a 12-24v convertor?

Will the V4 have the same physical dimensions as the old boards?

Yes, it should fit right into the same box.

D7 diode question

My board is missing d7 diode I gues. Can I replace SMD(red trace) with through hole(blue trace) diode?
What’s the polarity?

Or D7 should be here(another photo, purple)?

Guys! I found out that my board is 2.4. But I downloaded the F9P and Teensy firmware from 2.5 repository.

Could it be a problem?
Where can I find 2.4 repository with EasyEda and other files?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wZPJ1Bc-r3yLj9BFOFB5pJAMixGKVqoV?usp=share_link
Here are the easyEDA files for that board. The purple is the one you want, and you need the two 1000uF capacitors put on as well

From the top you see the pin holes.

Here they are from the bottom. You can put them on top just make sure you get the polarity correct.

The V2.5 ino is okay for that board.

Thank you, Jacob!

Is there a compiling on a single thread of the V2.4 configurations or mods/updates? I see there are a lot of suggested modifications that could be essential, like routing 24V around the ampseal connector. A single thread for recommended mods/updates would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Is the new AIO board soon to be realeased 2.5?

The new AIO board soon to be released will be v4.

I am also wondering should I keep going with older version or wait a day or two for new one

4th version of AIO?

I’m only finishing up my original PCBv2!

2 Likes

Thank you David!

This video is extreamely valuable but it didn’t help. I probably screwed up with PCB or with Teensy soldering.

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

Hi mates!

Does anyone know where to get info for proper settings for Aio for 2.4 board using serial port?

I tried to use UDP, but it’s somethig wrong either with the PCB or with Teensy. I blame myself that I probably did something wrong during soldering.

When I connect Teensy using serial port, I can conect only to one module. I usualy connect to GPS antena. The Aio lightens antena with a green square. But when I try to connect other modules, I have a message that it isn’t able to connect. However, I have all the data from IMU and WAS in the top left corner when I connect just the GPS antena. But I have another problem - the tractor in the Bottom Right corner is stil PURPLE! I have WAS, IMU, GPS and a work swithch connected and it looks like that no steering module connected. There is nothing happens when i press work switch.

Thank you for your help and sorry for taking your time.

Which wire gauge did you use for MA, MB and 24V? @Jhmach said 16awg which should be 1.5mm2 but that can’t fit through

Use 18ga if it wont fit. 16ga will carry the entire current but there are still traces there. 16 ga is for 12v. You will have less current with 24v

We used a 0.75mm2 wire for our 12V motors
Under heavy load it does pop a 7.5A fuse but we also have tractors that operate just fine with a 7.5A main fuse. So I guess most of the time it barely goes up to 3-5A amperes.

Maybe for next time we’ll do 1mm2 just to be even safer.

1 Like

Thanks guys, will do.