Another IMU Question

Seems that a couple of us are still fighting to find a stock of BNO08x units and I came across the below.

Does anyone know if this would be a suitable replacement for the standard BNO08x?

MIKROE-3457 | Mikroelektronika Modulo sensore di movimento e orientamento SmartDOF Click 3.3V | Distrelec Italia Prova a guardare anche questo.

I think the issue with these devices is the fusion of the sensors into parameters AOG can make use of. The BNO08x chips have firmware that does all this for you and they do the calibration at the factor so to speak. Sensor Fusion Algorithms | AHRS for Adafruit's 9-DOF, 10-DOF, LSM9DS0 Breakouts | Adafruit Learning System – seems like some assembly is required to use this style of sensor.

Ok thanks.

Looks like digikey may be getting a batch of BNO08x units in this month at a reasonable price, so I’ll hang out for these.

Hi Bluerabbit, a friend of mine bought it from here and it’s on its way right now, take a look if you want.

Thanks!

Are you sure that it has been sent / posted? I tried three times with AliExpress and my order was accepted, then they sent a message stating there was no stock available.

Then let’s do it like this, 2 of my friends placed an order, first the product of the person who ordered entered the country, let me inform you immediately when the product reaches my friend’s hand, shall we?

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you!

1 Like

These are expected in the U.K. at the end of this month:

One of the members here has ordered some. I will let everyone know when / if these arrive.

1 Like

My friend received the product today.

Thanks for letting me know, it looks like they are back on the market again!

Great stuff, thanks again.

1 Like