AOG Steer Wizard Settings

Sure, that not is a good place for it

Moved it to a few different places, best was on the passenger seat no metal there. Still had the quick wanders off the line then back on again, very annoying. I’m still playing with settings to stop it oscillating over the line, it’s OK now but could be better.

Did you try without using CMPS14?

I think I unplugged that before and the system was not happy. Tomorrow I plan on moving the antenna over the front wheels, I moved it to front of cab today and it was better.

Moved antenna over front axle, seems more stable here. Tried without cmps14, was quite unstable, put it back on outside the cabin above the top link, it did the occasional wander off but not too bad. Using pure pursuit at around 3.8m and integral at 10 it did take a while to grab a line but then was 10cm either side according to the light bar, and from looking at tyre marks. Am I trying to get to much from the system?

Do you have RTK fix? Navigation rate 10Hz?

Yes have rtk fix. Line is repeatable day to day. As far as I know its set to 10hz, configuration was done by Andreas, but I don’t know where to check this now in latest Aog version.

Ok, should ok. Your own base station? I think, touching the speed value…

Do prevent from roll influence, set your autosteer to work nice with integral and sideHill both set to zero.

Whats about cabling between IMU box and Board, good quality?

Do intial setup without any heading or roll engaged…I use only rtk for intial setup then once I get that smooth you can add heading and roll to the mix…I have had the same issue as you with weird thingd happening in certain parts of the field. I feel it is a satellite issue where the f9p loses some satellites due to obstruction.

Yes have our own base station. This evening we moved the whole setup into an identical tractor that I will be using, other one is for seeding. Didn’t drive anywhere but moved the compass around trying to make it jump like before, seemed fairly stable. Cable to the board from it is a standard looking ethernet cable.

Took this pic while sitting in the shed this evening, is the hz on the bottom right side?

I tried it today with the compass disconnected, seemed very loose on the line compared to with it engaged. Maybe something to that losing satellites, it happens close to the same spot across the field and today when going around the yard it was jerking in same spots, but not everytime. I’ll have to keep an eye on it next time out in an open field.

System should run almost perfect with only rtk. I get cm accuracy with no heading or roll. Sounds like a potential setup issue. Are you running the latest version AOG ?

It says you are only seeing 5 satellites this seems very low to me. What config are you using in your f9p? You said the screen spins this usually means a loss of gps signal.

Yes have the latest version in it now. That pic was from parked in the shed earlier, 12 satellites show out in the open. Config on f9p is done by Andreas setup. The spin I get now is like a really quick kink out to one side, it will move the tractor about 1m or more off the line then jump back on

Your either losing RTK signal, satellites, or comms with the gps unit. If you momentarily lose rtk signal it will jump.

Interesting. I think I’ll have to do a screen recording next time to try catch it happening.
If I move the age alarm down to 2 seconds would that catch it if its rtk dropping out? Theres another option right beside that called minimum frame pause with values between 40 and 90 msecs, would this be any relevance?

Is your antenna an old single band one, which one are you using?

HDOP 1.59 is telling me, antenna issue or no corrections or both.

It’s a new ublox one I forget the model number even though I was looking at it yesterday. I was parked in the shed when I took that pic so I’ll try outside properly today.

1 Like

I think it is an CMPS14 issue. Some of them work very well, but some does the jumps.

I remember Baraki and others discovered it, while the one Brian have does not.

Found by search: CMPS JUMPS

1 Like

I was beginning to suspect the cmps but that link more or less confirms it. I’ll get a new one and try it see if it’s any better.