AOG without wheel angle sensor

Alan can you share with us your code to tryout?
Thanks.

1 Like

It’s basically very simple but yes, I will share the code. Just want to refine it a little bit if I can first. I’ve changed it that many times, around the same basic concept!! Testing time has been an issue but having to use it for 7 hours solid has helped quite a lot!!

3 Likes

Thanks,

I always think that multiple people have different aproach to problem,maybe some one will have idea how to improve code.

Just post it lol - even right here. It will always need tweaking, others can help and make it better 10x faster. That is the power of the open source community.

7 Likes

Yes, finally received my parts from digi key for the AOG V2 board, and already smitten with wanting to build @GoRoNb 's smd teensy 4.1 variant. Also watched version 4 get blasted into version 5. That’s just since January, you guys move very fast.

That’s because we have no managers…

6 Likes

…and no committees!

As one friend who works for Astra Zeneca once said.

“We have meetings to decide when to have a meeting. We have the meeting. We then have a meeting to discuss the outcome of the meeting!”

3 Likes

I THINK i’ve found the version i drilled maize with with on my older CF-D1 that I’ve taken out of the 716!

I’m away for a week from midday today so can’t test to find out.

Some of the multiple versions I had a stab at have glaring mistakes but still worked. This could be one!! :thinking:

It will work by simply taking the AV, factoring in speed and just sending it at an appropriate level.

6 Likes

Hi Alan! Just read this thread. Great work! Do you think I can try this out with the latest version?
Are there changes necessary in AgOpenGps?

It should work with the latest. Like I said, it’s quite rough and needs soft steer settings.

Hi , im using AOG V5.2.2 with hydraulic valves : Perfect ! what is nessessary to change for user this , with was less ? Nessessary to change the arduino .INO ??? . thank you for your answer . ( and your good work !) . Jlipic

I’m sorry i can’t understand you question.

Hello, I would like to know if it is necessary to change the arduino code to test aog without an angle sensor. Are there other things to do as well? Thank you.

You use an other ino.
Check the link in post 151.
I think you have to use a BNO085

Hi @Alan.Webb I upload this code to my Arduino. I am having no joy. Is there any other settings I need to do in the AOG?
-IMU vs GPS fusion?
-Other?

In the arduino settings in AOG, the A2D converter needs to be set to DIFFERENTIAL. This selects WAS less mode. Normal mode doesn’t work at the moment with this code.

Hi there. I have tried with the ino of post 151 and with the AOG v 5.2.2. and when i switch to differential mode and record, the arduino stops working.

I used your code. it works wonderfully well!
One almost wonders how useful the WAS is still.

Small note for other users do not change the PWM frequency otherwise the code no longer works. moreover a small additional delay at the start of the code is useful (1 time out of 2 when starting the autosteer the bno does not start quickly enough and is not recognized).

2 Likes

It’s seriously rough code but I was trying to prove a concept with limited knowledge. TBF I only posted it publicly because I got pushed into it! Someone with more coding experience and more time could probably do a fair bit better.

I think @BrianTee_Admin was looking into the Idea a while ago.

2 Likes

Been thinking about this now for a while, to develop sensing and filtering the steering rate from the IMU, it would be probably beneficial to run a tractor (or two for that matter) with a wheel angle sensor AND IMU raw data logging on. Should be doable with Teensy 4.1 to an SD card.

Then you could do the algorithm development offline, not having to drive around and optimize such that you get equivalent results from the WAS and the IMU. Of course, WAS in muddy ground etc isn’t giving the absolute truth either.

1 Like