V5.2 Teaser

Thank you, 20A ACS712 will give plenty of room if the worst happens.

Only a couple last items left and I can take AOG for a rip, the Ez Guide 150 is looking sad now in a cardboard box on the sidelines.

Roger that!
Thanks Brian!

That is because you have to write the code for it. As mentioned - it isn’t working software.

I was playing with something like that, but need proper change in udpcommdesigner.cs in order to read this ino for external CMPS 14 .

IMU_USB_v5_0_MOD_YAWRATE.ino (5,8 KB)

//Angular velocity
                        ahrs.angVel = (Int16)((data[10] << 8) + data[9]);
                        ahrs.angVel /= -2;

The code is already in udpcomm as above. Send it from the imu module as 200 times the value you want to send (and the wrong way also).

Or just modify the code in udp to do what you need it to do and factor. It comes in as a short so cast to a double if you need fancy math.

I never thought about using the Z accelerometer - does it work nice and quietly?
I have been sampling the gyro at 100hz and converting that to radians per sec. Add up 10 readings and then sending that at 10 hz.

Change your ino to send on 9, 10

Wire.requestFrom(CMPS14_ADDRESS, 2);
    while (Wire.available() < 2);
     data[14] = Wire.read();
    data[13] = Wire.read();

to

Wire.requestFrom(CMPS14_ADDRESS, 2);
    while (Wire.available() < 2);
     data[10] = Wire.read();
    data[9] = Wire.read();

We should probably move this discussion to this topic:

I have been playing around with it as well as of late. I get the feeling it will be next level frustrating…

I have never actually used it with automatic driving, but only to view the reading in the Aog screen for future development. I don’t have much time to try as in winter I risk ending up in a ditch. :joy:

1 Like

Do you mean like this Brian, is it correct or I’m wrong?

//Angular velocity
for (int i = 0; i <= 9; i++)
{

ahrs.SumAngVel = (Int16)((data[10] << 8) + data[9]);
                        }
                        System.Int32 SumAngVel = ahrs.SumAngVel / 10;
                        ahrs.angVel = Convert.ToInt16(SumAngVel);

No, all that sampling needs to be done in the ino since AOG runs at 10 hz.

This is on 5.2.0, in AgIO, when configuring serial ports, I tap on the drop down for GPS serial port and if I tap elsewhere without selecting a port I get a unhandled exception, “The PortName cannot be empty”.

Can’t seem to replicate the error at all.

Hello,

The code seems to be design for a current sensor of 0A = 2.5V, with a centering of counts:

if (steerConfig.CurrentSensor)
      {
        int16_t analogValue = analogRead(ANALOG_SENSOR_PIN);

// When the current sensor is reading current high enough, shut off
        if (abs(((analogValue - 512)) / 10.24) >= steerConfig.PulseCountMax) //amp current limit switch off
        {
          steerSwitch = 1; // reset values like it turned off
          currentState = 1;
          previous = 0;
        }
      }

So if we want to try with USB, we shall modified the .ino to send angular velocity into data[10] and data[9] ?

Math

yes. But there is a lot to AV steering.

Hello,

Sorry, I don’t understand the answer : what do you mean by “a lot to AV steering” ?

Math

I think he means it’s complicated

Angular Velocity > AV
edit: looks like you did understand this part…

Is it just me, or did the sidehill gain quit working in 5.2 when using dual GPS? I am not finding anything in the AOG settings, and on sidehills the tractor always is off the AB line by the amount of slope.

About Update Response:

PGN 239 is sent half as fast when the option is disabled.
but on PGN 254 the section control is always sent at the same frequency.

I wonder if the option can make the section information on PGN 254 not up to date every other time, or if it only saves sending the PGN 239?

if it only saves the sending of PGN 239 every other time, use PGN 254 if you only need section information.

sorry i am using google translate, hope it stays clear

Hello, I am using version 4.3 and bno055 9 axis. It is very stable for me I do not use mma and I have very good results. I want to upgrade to v 5 but unfortunately there is a shortage of stock for the bnoo80. How could I go about putting the bno055 on the v5. Thanking you in advance

If you don’t use the MMA, then you shouldn’t need the Bno08x either.