Autosteer disengagement (torque measurement)

Has the latest version of AOG 5.4.4 been updated to include code for use of the ACS712?

Yes, I tested it with an older version as well and it worked.

Yes functionality for ACS from arduino .ino 5.0
All you have to do select current disengagement from the arduino setup page on tablet.

1 Like

thanks for the quick response. Would thess ACS712 work? not sure of amps as there are 20’s and 30 amp choices thought I would go with 30.

1 Like

Yes it would work. Just connect the OUT pin to A0 pin on the PCB.

1 Like

Cant remember if i am using 20 or 30, all it should affect is the final setpoint value scaling. Having to enter 14 vs 10 as a setpoint.

This setpoint is that found in the Arduino .ino code? if so where?

You can set it in settings in AOG

The set point is machine specific, depending on your complete setup.

Roughly it compares measured non scaled amps, to a number “setpoint” you enter. If the reading from the acs is higher it disengages the steering.

So if your driving the motor takes very little amps, if you grab the steering wheel and put more resistance to turn amps spike, the spike goes over set point, auto steer kicks out, you now can drive manually.

To set it just slowly increase the set point until it stops kicking the steering out driving straight.

1 Like

Is there a wiring diagram for using the ACS712 ?

1 Like

Thank you !

The diagram is showing using 12V motor, What if you are using the 12 to 24V converter, will the sensor handle the 24V?

I am using it with 24V converter, no issues. Just measure inline with one of the motor leads. Does not matter which motor wire you use.

Just your set point will be lower than someone with just 12V.

Is the set point something you just have to guess at and adjust based how sensitive you want it?

1 Like

You set it in AgOpenGps settings menu. Play around with it.

How is everyone and happy new year. Would there be any advantage or disadvantage to going to a 724 chipset. They seem to have a lower percentage of error. Or does it not really matter.

these good in this page that it is necessary to regulate the value in ampere in order to deactivate the engine when one takes again the voland

la valeur n’est pas reelement des Amperes c’est un indice
mais c’est en lien avec une intensite donnĂ© par ACS712 donc essaye et par dichotomie tu trouveras ton bonheur

j’avais trouve une valeur autours de 40

Merci pour l’information