Autosteer Settings. Can't get a straight line

@wland, How do I tune without driving the tractor? I’ve got it settled down sitting still by lowering the settings you mentioned and pressing the PWM button. Is that what you mean?

I’ve got to upload a newer video, but internet is slow and it takes a while to do it.

DRIVE Button - use Arrows / zero for jumps

1 Like

This one explains the setting a bit more

2 Likes

Elliot, that is the most helpful video I’ve seen. I’ve actually got hope of getting this figured out now. I didn’t realize how sensitive it was and I was probably moving things too much. I’ll test everything sitting still asap. @wland , I realize this is what you were trying to tell me to do.

I suggest adding that video to the GitHub instruction manual for beginners.

To be honest i thought the first video I shared with you had more of the adjusting at a standstill. I could understand how you still had those osilations while stopped and were still trying to get it working while driving like that. I rewatched the video and understood why.

So it sounds like you are on the right track now, but make sure you pull up the steer chart, and using the drive buttons get the steering response sorted out, while stopped. Once it is getting to the correct steering angle quickly, then set your ab line and and work on tuning it in fron there. Start off at slow speed, then work your way up to “working speed”. You should only have to tweek the counts per degree and look ahead, look ahead speed gain. Good luck

1 Like

I would suggest to adjust at slow speed, not standing still, depending how powerful your power-steering is.