Autosteer Single GPS+IMU+Panda

Hi all, another newbie here,
I finally got my v2 steer board working on the bench and just updated it to UDP. I am ready to start working on the GPS part of the project and with all the exciting development around Panda and finally being able to get my hands on a BNO085 I was hoping to set up my GPS using panda with the Teensy4.1/BNO085/ardusimple over UDP. Prior to learning about panda, I had planned on setting up my base/rover with the Tony configuration files (I have the ardusimple LR kit, poor cell service, and long distances between some of my fields) so I could survey in several spots and use a mobile base station. My question is if those configuration files will still work or if I have to use different ones? Thanks in advance for any help, and I recognize I’ve still got a lot to wrap my head around in terms of how the GPS works.

1 Like

I have a V2 board which works very well with version 5.4. However, I would like to try PANDA. However, my tablet has no LAN input. So I’d like to connect via USB. How to do such an upgeade?

You can use a usb>LAN converter, S-link is fine.

I read in a section that Tony’s files were working but I don’t know where I read it, yes it works for me too.

1 Like

Ok.
So how to do such an upreade? Which software version is best to switch to? Configuration files for F9P will change? Do I have to change the program in Nano? What do I need apart from Teensey 4.1 and a USB-> LAN adapter?

USB model.

From Vili

Also your other answers are on this page, in posts 6 and 7.

1 Like

I have this project with the NavSpark PX1125R RTK receiver and with LORAWAN. I will use as BASE a board with the ESPRTK system. I wonder if this is correct.

3 Likes

For Panda and rtk do the RTCM messages pass through the teensy or do I need to hook up the second USB port on the F9P? I can’t seem to get an RTK fix since moving to panda setup.

Rien branché sur f9p

sorry dont understand

Pas d’usb branché sur f9p

1 Like

ok so for rtk to work do I need the f9p connected directly on one port and the teensy (which is talking to f9p over serial) connected to another port?

this is the diagram
Just 1 USB to teensy

so teensy should pass the rtk packet from ntrip through to F9P?

Are you using NTRIP Client on AOG or getting corrections sent directly to the f9p? Via radio for example ? Either way it should pass I believe.

ntrip on aog

ill need to check maybe i havent configured f9p to recieve rtcm on both ports

Im using Pre Panda config on AOG version 5.5 so I am not sure if the f9p config for PANDA changes things with RTCM.

How much will panda improve things? I currently have a single antenna with IMU. With the antenna on the roof it would wiggle badly on rough ground I have it on the nose of the bonnet now and it is working quite well but will still wiggle slightly when I hit a bump. Would changing to panda setup be the answer?

Panda has greatly improved performance on bumpy ground, I also find it better in very soft ground.

The improvement is very noticeable, you can see it on the ground and feel it in the seat.

1 Like