Autosteer Single GPS+IMU+Panda

A quote from Brian.

BNO is a directional device that helps to stabilize the single vibrating antenna value. MMA just rolls from side to side.
But the 2-position dual antenna can pinpoint your exact direction even when stationary. You know which way your body is facing, just like you have 2 feet on the ground. There is absolutely no need for bno when using Dual.
Using the height of each antenna you can now determine which is higher/lower and determine the vehicle’s rotation - which way it is leaning. The wider the antenna, the more accurate the direction and roll. Ships are very wide and long so can be extremely sensitive, but a tractor can also be quite sensitive by moving the antennas as far as possible.
Neither BNO Brick nor MMA is required when using a dual antenna system.

1 Like

That being said, the new IMU+GPS timed Panda performance looks very good, better then the dual GPS in some ways.

2 Likes

Hello, i use PANDA.
In the beginning the Heading Chart looks good.,
But something has changed…now it looks Like this. IMU (Green) and GPS (Orange) are quite equal but the comparison line looks strange?
Can someone help me.

Here is a bug in translated versions, try in english and heading chart will be fine

Just wondering, where can i find instructions for PANDA, like schematics or what to program on the Teensy?

Ino on Brian Github

3 Likes

Thanks Vili for the illustration.
Regarding the Ino, I have checked the following links in Brian github and I am not able to find the version including autosteer:
farmerbriantee (Brian Tischler) / Repositories · GitHub
GitHub - farmerbriantee/Panda: GPS IMU combiner
AgOpenGPS/Support/ArduinoModules/InoFiles at master · farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS · GitHub

Would you be so kind to share the link?

I believe it’s this link, you’re looking for:
https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/tree/DanielSingle

1 Like

DanielSingle it’s last development, coming soon it turns to 5.6

For Panda you only needs a INO (PANDA repository), PANDA it’s supported for 5.5

We have made the Panda Github repo private, we are making a single ino that will work with either the panda single board or Jake board and all match and are the same. The quest for 1 design 1 firmware for steer and GPS draws near.

Be patiens.

6 Likes

Hallo, I´m thinking about the placement: What about the idea of a compact unit with teensy, F9P, CMPS14 and antenna in the front of the tractor. Perhaps with PoE?
Advantage:

• only plug one ethernet-cable
  • fast and easy change of vehicle
  • no need to displug the sma-connection

I´m thinking of a kind of dockingpoint, so the direction is stady?

Greetings and great respect to fantastic work in this project!

1 Like

Its hard to be patient seeing the performance increase in your videos :grin:

6 Likes

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

I can’t connect f9p. It’s “Invalid” where it should be rtk fix.

I did rover config on 10Hz and I have connection, the CMPS14 also is giving signal. RTK fix is back.

Hello! What is the parts list for a panda pcb? Thanks

Panda PCB Parts.zip (927 Bytes)

2 Likes

Thank you! :hugs:

Hi @Vili I just want to confirm that I am not missing something before I order incorrect parts.
I see that the parts list above specifies 10nF capacitors, whilst the PCB schematic on Github shows 100nF capacitors. I assume it should be 100nF (0.1uF). Please correct me if I am wrong, I am fairly inexperienced with electronics.

Both work fine it’s not very exact, maybe they should be 100 but I’ve built mine fine with 10.

More important is to check the power regulator, make sure you install the correct way around (there is two types) always check the data sheet and double check by powering the board without any expensive parts to make sure 5v pins are 5v not 12v if the regulator is mounted backwards! After you confirm the power is good the plug in the expensive parts (GPS, BNO etc)

1 Like