Basics for building an autosteer

thank you very kind, I will pay you at least the shipping costs with PayPal!!!

Zuiani Luciano
Via Cormons,171
33043 Cividale del Friuli (UDINE) Italy

Don’t worry about the postage.

I’ll get this posted to you when I visit the post office tomorrow. Do you need any components, or can you get these?

honestly apart from the gps i have nothing i am starting to put the components together …

I don’t have spares for everything, but have included:

2XPCB
All the diodes you need
Rails / headers
Relay socket
Nano

You need to order:

Cytron controller
ADS1115
IC DIP sockets (PN: 1212-1002-ND)
optoiso (PN: 4N33VS-ND)
Terminal blocks
A pack of 330OHM resistors
12V relay

and you should be good to go.

honestly you do me a favor, if you send me the components you have, but you tell me how much I owe you … I will get the rest thanks !!!

I posted these yesterday, you should receive them on Tuesday. Can you get the other components?

I don’t want anything for this, but perhaps you can buy the guys a coffee? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great behavior, I wish there were no difficulties in shipping cargo abroad in my country and I could send the extra parts about the aog that I have. There is not even pay-pall in my country and I can’t even buy a coffee for the people who contributed. : (

3 Likes

Did the parts arrive?

not yet, in Italy the post offices are not well organized …

good morning, nothing has arrived to me yet !!!

Boo! Sorry about that. This may be due to the lorry driver issues in the UK, I will see if I can find out what has happened.

I think the lorry story is bunk, 20% less drivers does not make the fuel disappear all at once.

They also have an artificial driver shortage in North America. They make driving a downright punitive occupation for locals, $10k to get a class one. But they will import foreign temporary workers who got licensed in there home country.
Then proceed to run them ragged and pay them dirt, modern day corporate slaves.

I think the real story is career politician government clueless how energy actually works sets unrealistic policies. The result everyone gets shot in the foot and suffers.

2 Likes

Well I can’t say much for certain, but what I can say is that I live in a very rural area and we locals and all the farmers are served by a small independent fuel station. I know the owners personally.

They are down to reserved for emergency services only.

Apparently there isn’t a problem of supply, the problem is logistics.

1 Like

hi, nothing has come from the mail yet, sorry.
Thanks anyway.

That’s a real shame, sorry. It must have been lost in the post :frowning:

Have you tried speaking to your regional post office?

Yes, sifting through all this info as a beginner is confusing.
I’m currently trying to set up phase 1 - the visual guidance, and even that isn’t very clear so far to me.

For visual guidance, you need a gps receiver connected to a windows computer running AoG.

Which GPS receiver are you considering?

Have you tested AoG on a computer in simulator mode?

Thank you sir!
That is very helpful to me.

Right now I’m looking at GNSS receivers made by ublox (still a little confused about what are the right and wrong ones to get). I want to be able to upgrade to auto steer and section control, etc. this winter, but just get the visual guidance going now.

I don’t mind doing a little assembly to cut down the cost, but I’d like not to compromise the quality.

I could also use a little advice about what tablets to look for that are big and bright enough, have the right connections, etc…

Blessings,

MasSaSeen

I have not tested it as a simulator yet. Working on it though