Basics for building an autosteer

Great behavior, I wish there were no difficulties in shipping cargo abroad in my country and I could send the extra parts about the aog that I have. There is not even pay-pall in my country and I can’t even buy a coffee for the people who contributed. : (

3 Likes

Did the parts arrive?

not yet, in Italy the post offices are not well organized …

good morning, nothing has arrived to me yet !!!

Boo! Sorry about that. This may be due to the lorry driver issues in the UK, I will see if I can find out what has happened.

I think the lorry story is bunk, 20% less drivers does not make the fuel disappear all at once.

They also have an artificial driver shortage in North America. They make driving a downright punitive occupation for locals, $10k to get a class one. But they will import foreign temporary workers who got licensed in there home country.
Then proceed to run them ragged and pay them dirt, modern day corporate slaves.

I think the real story is career politician government clueless how energy actually works sets unrealistic policies. The result everyone gets shot in the foot and suffers.

2 Likes

Well I can’t say much for certain, but what I can say is that I live in a very rural area and we locals and all the farmers are served by a small independent fuel station. I know the owners personally.

They are down to reserved for emergency services only.

Apparently there isn’t a problem of supply, the problem is logistics.

1 Like

hi, nothing has come from the mail yet, sorry.
Thanks anyway.

That’s a real shame, sorry. It must have been lost in the post :frowning:

Have you tried speaking to your regional post office?

Yes, sifting through all this info as a beginner is confusing.
I’m currently trying to set up phase 1 - the visual guidance, and even that isn’t very clear so far to me.

For visual guidance, you need a gps receiver connected to a windows computer running AoG.

Which GPS receiver are you considering?

Have you tested AoG on a computer in simulator mode?

Thank you sir!
That is very helpful to me.

Right now I’m looking at GNSS receivers made by ublox (still a little confused about what are the right and wrong ones to get). I want to be able to upgrade to auto steer and section control, etc. this winter, but just get the visual guidance going now.

I don’t mind doing a little assembly to cut down the cost, but I’d like not to compromise the quality.

I could also use a little advice about what tablets to look for that are big and bright enough, have the right connections, etc…

Blessings,

MasSaSeen

I have not tested it as a simulator yet. Working on it though

This is the GNSS board that I believe most people are working with (I am)

A single board with a reasonably mounted antenna should give you sub 1m accuracy, mine was getting sub 30CM accuracy out of the box.

To get sub 1CM accuracy you want an RTK service which can be done a couple of ways:

1. Via a local base station requires no internet connection, but does require radios and some additional hardware.
  2. Via the internet using NTRIP. This requires an internet connection.

As far as my testing goes, the results are similar.

I’m looking at using:

For Base Station & also for Receiver:
RTK2B from Ardusimple as a receiver, with the u-blox ANN-MB-00 Antenna
• Base Station has this WiFi NTRIP Master on the base station to connect to WiFi / NTRIP.

For a tablet, I’m planning either:
• Microsoft Surface PRO 4 128gb - 4gb Ram, 12.3 inch, OR …
• Samsung Galaxy Tappro S Sm-w700 256gb 12 inch

If I discover I need to use radio-link instead of NTRIP, I’m planning to get:
https://www.ardusimple.com/product/radio-module-medium-range/

My fields are about 1,000 ft long on average. I have one that’s maybe 2,500 ft.

I have not yet tried AgOpenGPS in simulator mode

If you want to start small, just get the single RTK2B board and the NTRIP Master and try “rover only” mode (no base station). See how you get on, you can always add the base station later if required.

Don’t forget that you will need an internet link for NTRIP to work.

I contacted the postal service, they tell me that there is a long time for customs and it will probably arrive … thanks anyway.

Hello everyone, I have watched a ton of videos about AgOpenGps and I’m planning to do it myself this winter so if anyone can help me I will be grateful. Can I use Ardusimple simpleRTK2B antenna? Where you printed your PCBv2? How I can get RTK signal (for now, I’m planning to build my RTK station in future)? How difficult it is to build it using hydraulics(Kubota M8540)? How do I solve NTRIP connection? Thanks to everyone who responds and answers any of these questions. (PS. Sorry for bad grammar, English is not my native language.)

at least one kit order 2 if you want base.

Print from https://jlcpcb.com/
components from https://www.digikey.com/
you have gerber files and part list in Support\PCB folder

NTRIP is just a way to get corrections from base to rover. (rover =tractor/AOG) you can use radios then you don’t need NTRIP.

U can have your own RTK base station or you can check on rtk2go if there is base station close to you then you don’t have to have your own. If they are too far away you wont have good RTK then you have to have your own or many countries have commercial RTK corrections providers and some countries have free corrections.

I use mobile data on phone and share them to tablet so it has internet connection and then connect to NTRIP caster from AOG.

1 Like