BNO085 - preorder

Chip it’s very very small :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

First make a list with all buyers

1 Like

Yeah, I actually bought some chips by mistake, thought I was getting boards. I remember opening the pack and putting one on the tip of my finger, just wondering…

But if we have the CAD file, the components list and enough orders, then I bet we could get them made for a reasonable price.

Or is there some really glaringly obvious reason why adafruit aren’t doing exactly this?

118$ + shipping and 0 warranty better to buy second F9P kit.

2 Likes

I have had a few units from the guy and they have all been good.

However, now you say it, after import duties, P&P, etc it really isn’t much less than the F9P board.

Who would have thought it, they were £15 last year.

I would guess that dual antenna system doesnt suffer from GPS/IMU timing like IMU systems, when you add teensy 4.x 40$ - 100$ with that IMU its certainly better to go dual.

Is dual antenna roll as good as a panda system?

1 Like

PANDA does not improve roll, its only good as IMU that measure roll is. PANDA sync GPS and IMU so you get correct roll measurement with correct GPS position.

Dual is good even better in slow speed >0.5km/h. Did someone compere IMU/dual roll?

If we say that this chip shortage will go away and BNO will return to ~20€ then best solution is to make dual system that can be split to 2 IMU systems when price falls.

1 Like

Make no sense, because Adafruit not even can’t fullfill mouser’s order.

Even if they don’t go back down in price, dual is better in most ways.

1 Like

How far apart do the antennas need to be? Cab width is enough or do you need to create a wider bracket to get the most out of them?

If anyone is interested — here is a EasyEDA file for the adafruit BNO085. I put LSCS parts numbers in. (a sister company that supplies parts).

First time I’ve tried google drive sharing hope it works.

Cost not assembled would be @ $17.00 US. I think I got the right part #s but some body who knows more than me would need to look it over. I’m thinking the price would be close.

I don’t want to get this thread sidetracked, but here is what @Alan.Webb said about dual. I would agree with him.

1 Like

Adafruit got some in I just ordered and paid for 1.

2 Likes

Sweet, Now I can have one to compare to the LSM9DS1.

Soldering BNO 085 pcb board, there are such companies in China that can help with soldering,
I want to do it too, I’m in China. I have also printed PCB, who has PCB files, I need your technical support,

SS
The pcb is open, do you have any suggestions for the board, make it little by little, and share with everyone

Hi good Morning. I found this seller on aliexpress with a lot of orders from bno085. Did anyone buy from him? Will they be real?

It is best to contact the seller directly and confirm the price. The price they advertise on AE is not always the price they actually want. I saw some advertised at £8, but when I tried to order some they were £100.

It’s always worth asking though.

搜狗AAAAAAAA5_1

Draw it yourself and see if you can make it。Hope you all have good suggestions

2 Likes