Bugs v4.3.10

This has been fixed with Travis’s dynamic uturns, but I’m afraid you may have to wait for Brian & Travis to find time to merge it in.

1 Like

Yes it is!!! I was manually driving the 4wd and the air seeder and thinking - why am i so far off at 30 inches - nope 30 cm. One more little fix. Makes you a good driver though lol.

1 Like

definitely an issue yes, the mile is too long. i need to figure out a way to make the loop faster since most fields at qtr section max - so it takes a lot of time to process all those extra points for a very small field. I need to find the max point to point distance apart on the boundary - and then use that measurement instead. It would speed up the small fields, no limit on the big fields.

2, they show disconnected because they are the usb text boxes, which aren’t connected.

1, ya, its not a perfect keyboard, but still a mile better then that windows one where you can’t see what is being typed. The backspace key just knocks the last char off the string. it’s not too smart yet.

As I said above, this is all fixed by Travis’s uturn. For me he has hard coded it in as I dont need the old uturns, so for the community a bit of interface work would need doing so users can choose between this or Dubins/Pattern turns.

Fixed in the current issue i am about to put up. uses field size. @Apm, it is also used in all the matrix and collision avoidance stuff as well.

Update May 21, 2020 - Format field size, added area/hr rate, x track error in inches in imperial, new section graphics, added offset to boundary recorder form, NEWS angles added to AB Form. Fixed also the uturn distance limitation. Same version number so it will use all your old settings.

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/releases/edit/4.3.10

Long time no post for me. I did notice going into a field with a DGPS antenna and coming back in with an RTK F9P that I wanted to do an offset fix. I noticed that this didn’t seem to do anything anymore. Not a big deal I just snapped and saved the new AB line.

We have as many half sections as quarter sections on our farm

@BrianTee_Admin For some reason, this link does not open as expected. It opens the page http://github.com for me.

Same for me, github also asked for login verification.
But search for agopen in upper left corner, and you see it under farmerbriantee :slight_smile:

Where is the updated version actually located? Is it just source code? The release doesn’t mention it’s been updated and when I tried to install it I got a message saying the version already installed is newer

I’m obviously getting it wrong somewhere.

sourcecode updated yesterday and some new lines for the Mega 14 hours ago

I don´t use ver 4 yet so don´t know message about already installed.

I don;t know what the heck happened, it was there for a few days, now is the old one again. sometimes i really don’t like github. Try again…

https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpenGPS/releases/tag/4.3.10

1 Like

Hello,
I’m perhaps wrong but I wonder the following thing :
has anyone used the UDP communication with v3.4.10 ?
With USB it works perfectly. With UDP, in the Aog to Autosteer direction
it work but I’ve sometimes Crc errors in the other direction nothing ?
The message Steer Module Not Connected is always there.
What are the conditions for this message to disappear ?
It seems that the Crc is always the Crc of the Module Configuration
even if his is Steer Settings ?
Best regards,
francois

Ya. I think we need a session to teach Git.
Github ok for actually storage & distribution of the project, but Git better for rest.
Maybe a new thread for it if enough interest, as its really needed to make this project truely collaborative.

1 Like

It confuses the hell out of me and sometimes my suse PC’s get really annoyed with it!

2 Likes
  • The roll source is not stored with the vehicle.
  • Compass is not visible
  • (overlapp missing :slight_smile: )
1 Like

Not sure if this is specifically a 4.3.10 bug, or maybe something thats been around a while, but I have only started majorly using it since 4.3.10, so that is my experience…

I am noticing upon loosing NTRIP connection (under a tree / loose 4g cell etc) when AOG goes into the waiting / trying to reconnect state with its built in NTRIP client, I am finding AOG keeps locking up, everything stops, steering stops, numbers on display stop moving for second or two, sometimes this can be 3-5 seconds, if on level ground with no side draft, you barely notice as once on the line, the tractor hardly moves off track during that time, but if on the side of a hill, or mid U turn etc, its fairly chronic!

Once the connection is successful and it returns to “listening” it all starts working again / everything is perfect…

Have been mainly on the good side of the valley with it, where signal is great / never once had a blip in days, but the other side it drops out quite often, normally for 15-30 seconds max, which should be fine as the F9P stays on its last fix for that long anyway, but due to this issue, it creates chaos as AOG is just constantly locking up / causing problem.

Has anyone else seen this at all? Or could it be something specific to my situation?

I use UDP to connect everything (ethernet on 192.168.1.255 subnet), but the ntrip corrections come in via wifi (mobile hotspot), on a different subnet…don’t know if having these two connection in any way upsets AOG? Like i said, when its connected / working, it works 100% spot on, but soon as it drops, it causes me the problem.

Any ideas?