CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

Yes I want to install autosteer but I need some wiring diagrams. I also don’t know how to connect everything.

Is it autosteer ready? Got steering switch in the cabin?

So it still basically takes a steer curve input, similar to to the fendt but controlled by the orbital itself.

Exactly same idea just slightly different language but at least it has a book, unlike the Fendt lol

Yes he is autosteer ready. Is there any ready Sketch to steal the tractor?

Yes too easy. Only two CAN wires connected to tractor.

I suggest first you order:
2x Arduino Uno
2x CAN shields
1x 10k pot
1x switch
1x button

Build Project 3 (post 53 here) then you can test the tractor and turn wheels manually to see how it works. From there you can use AgOpen.

All you need to use AgOpen is:
1x Arduino UNO or Nano
1x CANBUS Shield
1x BNO085 or CMPS14
1x GPS receiver

EDT3, CAN 1 should be the steering bus.

Or into the AutoSteering connector

7 Likes

We have a tractor of the brand Lindner.
What do you need to add a new brand to your github.
The manufacturer gave us the following information about the can-bus

Command Orbitrol
CAN-Configuration
250 kBaud, J1939, ExtendedID(29-bit)
Commande:
Curvature-Interface
Commande via protocile de message suivant :
GPS1_GMC 0x0CAD13F0
Retour via:
GPS1_GMS 0x0CACF013

Curvature-Info
GPS1_GMC 0x0CAD13F0
Zykluszeit min. 100ms
Sender: Auto-guidance1 controller

Definition Curvature-Retour
GPS1_GMS 0x0CACF013
Zykluszeit 100 ms
Sender : PVED-CLS Main Controller

(and see also the attached file)
Can you do something with his information

TracLink Pilot Ready Schnittstellenbeschreibung - 2020-09-26_FR.pdf.txt (879,8 Ko)

The 2 plugs on roof top are X-719 A (7655 (yellow), 7650 (white), 7640(green),5200 (brown), 3186 green, and another green wire without number), and X-719 B (7650 (white), 7640 (green), 491(yellow), 398 or 898 (green) and ground wire.

I didn’t saw it last time I looked, but there is also another 2 wire plug which come from the orbital/orbitrol (ground and 2181).

IMG_20210523_144143

Do you talk of this plug @Larsvest ? (the wires at the right are for WAS sensor)
IMG_20210523_144903

Here are pictures of orbital

IMG_20210523_144214
(from the left)

IMG_20210523_143601
(from the right).

Thank you for your answers

Could somebody with a T4 Valtra and autosteer sniff the can traffic in the steering bus and share a dump? My retrofit PVED-CLS has arrived and would be handy to see what messages and from which controllers are going to the steering controller.

Is that 10 wire the plug on the orbitrol?

Else what are the wires on the orbitrol plug (picture show at least 5 wires)

Just to point out. I have never seen a t7 only the t6-175, so I dont know about the WAS wires at the radiator but try measure from one end to the other (from cab to radiator) If you have connection you can do as I did with was signal (Y splitter for only one wire))on T6, and don´t have to run your own wire for that signal.

The 2 wire plug might be the pressure sensor, but how does the thing those 2 wires go to look like?

thank you for your answer.

I personnaly think that’s the 4 wire plug (not on the picture) wich provide the signal from pressure sensor. I didn’t well read the cables wich was connected to it, and the 4 wire plug are connected to 390 and 391 CANbus wires (yellow and green). So I think that the pressure sensor provide a canbus information.

The 2 wires (2181 and gnd) could be the dump valve (2181 is also on the relay ON/OFF with 2180. This relay produces a sound when I switch ON/OFF the autosteer (but that’s weird that there is no 12V wire on 2180 or 2181) ). 2177 comes from the pressure sensor, so I have the 2176 and 2179 remaining cables.

Pressure sensor needs 3 cable to work, so it looks to be weird if 2 wires plug was it.

This 10 wires plug (which come from orbital) (on picture 1) goes directly in cab.

Does this not mean that you can measure a complete connetion from 10 wire plug to 2 wire plug on wire 2180 / 81 when autosteer relay is on?

What are all the wire numbers in that plug?

I said before that “There is also a 10 wires plug, on wich there is 5V (2014), ground, 5200 (should be 12V), 391 and 392 (CAN wires), 2095 blue (5V ground I think), 2176, 2177, 2179, 2180 (yellow wires)”.

I also noticed that the 2179 wire is linked to the ON/OFF autosteer switch. (So that’s possible that the left and right valve are controlled by CANbus (and powered by 12V orbitrol). I don’t really understand how works the wires on the relay.

That looks like a CAN valve but I’m not too sure what brand? If you have a CANBUS shield just connect the CAN wires turn the valve ON and see what messages are there, copy / paste from the serial monitor and save as text then we can see if it’s talking standard ISO messages.

Do you want to try it on your tractor? Should be able to make that work easy enough.

I thought the 10 wire plug was found in the cab!

In the case Puma I saw the PVED CLS, probably the same in NH.
The exact description is embossed on the bottom of the control valve.

This is not my tractor but my cousin’s. Currently we are testing using ogpengps 4.3.1 on a new holland tractor with a fluid system valve. He just bought a pre-equipped lindner tractor that works with canbus. Can you help us?

For sure, order the parts and we can make it work.

Order the list with 2x Arduino and 2x CANBUS shields