CanBus for Beginners - Super Simple

Thanks! Finally the PVED-CLS is up and running on the desktop. Some cold sweat moments with the firmware update ending with errors, was half-certain I already bricked the bastard but luckily not. Now it’s just about configuring it properly and getting the required information to the controller.

Found the speed data finally from the T4, from vehicle bus IO module and from ISOBUS:

EDIT: Also a second speed signal available from transmission controller:

One step forward, scaling is easy to deduct now from the isobus speed which is 0.001 m/s per bit and CLS should be happy with two speed signals. Also figured out the armrest buttons and powershift stick, will post later when I’m finished with decrypting the data.

6 Likes

Hello,
I can not download the links and images of your publication.
I am told Oops! This page does not exist or is private.
is this normal.
Thank you

Hello,

I see that AOG has evolved well on the CAN BUS, I think it’s great!
I would like to know how to mount AOG on the CAN bus of a tractor. Do you have a tutorial? or the steps to take?

I know how the can bus works but I don’t really study tractors.
It would be on FENDT brand tractors.

Thank you for the work and what you accomplish!

I have been following along this thread and have a few questions.
Does this build include AOg onto the boards that are connecting to the Can or is it a AOG setup that is connected to a Can interface board? I have built a few AOg setups using PCB v2 so familiar with that but not at all with the Can stuff
If so was to tie into a 2016 NH T8 would the buttons on the armrest work to engage AOg, I see in the display the end turn on screen so maybe there is a Tue in to that as well?
The tractor is auto steer ready but has no Nav or 372 receiver on it so this Can interface would be a nice tie in, I will check the valve to see if its the PVED-CLS when it gets here.
Just trying to figure out what I need to look into on tractor and also what I would have to build for AOg stuff.
Thanks

If this is the right valve block you have, just use the small Teensy 4.1 can pcb that CommonRail linked to a few posts ago and connect it to your Canbus.

Works ok on my Fendt 828 Scr

1 Like

Is that a Can PCB in pic? What you are saying is it depends on what the valve block on steering column looks like?

I have no sense NH, but CommonRail write in inu code “Danfoss PVED-CL & PVED-CLS (Claas, JCB, Massey Fergerson, CaseIH, New Holland, Valtra, Deutz”.
PCB in the picture is a copy of the one that CommonRail has shared, nice little case, can run both USB or UDP

1 Like

The T8 that I am looking at is steer ready for sure. That means it’s has the valve and WAS, therefore if I can’t do it on the can I can run wires to the valve and was to utilize with AoG. If it has the correct Can valve then I should be able to tie into it via Can and utilize the buttons on the armrest? Do all the different tractor manufacturers run a similar Can interface or do I have to build and load programming specific to each manufacturer

the first time you start up Teensy after programming, select the tractor in a terminal window.
You have the following options:

// !! Set Brand via Service Tool (Serial Monitor) !!
// 0 = Claas (1E / 30 Navagation Controller, 13/19 Steering Controller) - See Claas Notes on Service Tool Page
// 1 = Valtra, Massey Fergerson (Standard Danfoss ISO 1C / 28 Navagation Controller, 13/19 Steering Controller)
// 2 = CaseIH, New Holland (AA / 170 Navagation Controller, 08/08 Steering Controller)
// 3 = Fendt (2C / 44 Navagation Controller, F0 / 240 Steering Controller)
// 4 = JCB (AB / 171 Navagation Controller, 13/19 Steering Controller)

1 Like

Nice, thanks. I will have to download the links tonight and get some stuff ordered so I can try stuff

I do not know where you are in the world, but I am in Denmark, I ordered 10 so you can buy from me if you want to solder, if it interrese.

I am in Central Alberta, actually live within 3 or so hours of Brian so kinda spoiled because I get to run into him once in awhile :grin:

Excuse me, a CT4N33 is out of stock… do you have an alternative?
@CommonRail

Thanks !

Just search 4N33 and pick some that are in stock, they are very common. Are you ordering parts to make up a few boards? What model Fendts do you have?

1 Like

Ah! thank you, I was looking for CT4N33 I hadn’t thought of just looking for 4N33.
It’s this card : image
Your card is good, after having made the card work I think to do it with SMD components which will be mounted by JLCPCB.

It is to equip a FENDT 716 COM3 of a friend.

1 Like

Highly interrested in a PCB made by JLCPCB.
Maybe @Aortner is also interrested to take it into his shop?
Have a good day!!

It’s CommonRails work, not from Andreas !

Yes, sure

What about the ESD protection diodes, I saw in the phote none on the PCB, can you just leave them out? Haven’t seen those on many other boards either.