Case IH Puma 230, autosteer ready

I will look that
Thanks

Here my schematic for pcb v2

Many thanks to every body :blush:

CNH HYDRAULIQUE.pdf (282,2 Ko)

7 Likes

Are you attaching the the WAS pins on the big 40 pin connector to your board?

Yes. Or at least I have wired the WAS through this 40 pin connector X716. It’s found in pins 9, 18 and 38

For some reason it’s not shown on this schematic that charlesdego has made… I’v understood that he has done it the same way. Is that right @charlesdego?

1 Like

So I noticed on the mouser page they had a link to a CAD step file for the 40 pin bulkhead receptacle. Here’s a prototype of a 3D printable version of the plug that might come in handy for some. I modified and simplified the step file mouser had provided, so it’s close to the right dimensions but I haven’t yet accounted for tolerances. The idea is to push the pins through the holes and epoxy them in place on the back side once everything is wired.

40p_1
Above image still has all the holes but I decided to plug unused ones:
40p_2
After I check the tolerances I’ll post the step and stl files here. Any way we could get the forum to allow stl and stp files to be posted?

3 Likes

Receptacle test fit and it fit perfectly. It’s designed to use the recommended pins (posted above), or I think if you had 20 guage Deutsch DTM male pins they would work too. Pin size is about 1 mm, the hole you press them through is about 2mm (might need to be opened up with a drill bit). After the wires with their pins are pushed through, some epoxy would hold them in I think.

I put a zip file with the stl and FreeCAD models here:

Would recommend PETG, but PLA is probably alright depending on where you put it in the cab.

2 Likes

For the moment, my was is connected directly to pcb.
Soon, i will connected to the deutsch plug. :wink:

1 Like

If you 3d print the plug, let me know if I got the correct holes plugged. I think I did. I double checked it even. But could have still got it wrong! The center hole is sized so that you can thread the bolt into it. Seemed to go okay. Although you could drill it out and push a brass threaded insert into it. Definitely print with supports.

On Mouser I noticed that the real receptacle plug is not in stock and the lead time is 27 weeks!

Due to lack of time (but mostly of knowledge!) I got a pre made board and kit from Andreas. First issue is integration with tractor hydraulics, would I be correct in thinking that pin 10 and 20 in the drc connector would align with Output M on my board?

I also have a kit like yours and certainly the M output is the equivalent to the citron of pbc v2, to go to the valves, pins 10 and 20 of the Deutch connector. The problem I found is that A0 in this kit is for the angle sensor and the pressure sensor cannot be connected to this pin as indicated now in AOG v5

Ah that’s good to know, thanks. Is there a work around to get the pressure sensor working with the system?

Also take a note that you need to provide ground for the valves as well. Connect the pins 30 and 40 to GND in your board.

@CVX how did you connect the dumb/steer engage valve to that board, and did you make some safety circuit by using the cabin’s switch?

I still don’t have the system working because the deutch connector came to me this week. The idea is to take the 3187 that is disconnected from the rear column switch to activate a relay that supplies 12v from the cabin plug to the 3168 cable so that it powers the valve only when the button is activated.

1 Like

Did you have any success with your connector yet? Mine came last week and i plan to make a start in next few days.

I already have the container and it seems that it works but I have not started with the installation since I have been busy with the fall planting. I hope to do it before the end of the year.

Christmas is perfect time to get confused by projects like this😂

I’m in progress now of setting up the wires, my question is for the 3168 wire for the valves, which output should I connect it to? There’s 2 options for 12v on this board.! IMG_20211224_163043|375x500

I think that the 12v output is the orange connection on the board, but if you connect the 3168 to that output and use the wires to power the tractor’s deutch connector board (wire 57 GND position 1 and wire 5200 + 12v position 11) when start the tractor the 6/2 valve will have current regardless of the button you have on the rear column of the cabin “AUTO”. My idea is to feed the 6/2 valve (3168) with a relay that takes 12 v from the connection at the rear of the cabin and activate said relay with the 3187 that only has current when the “AUTO” button is pressed from the rear cabin post.

1 Like

Great, yes that makes sense as a good safety feature. Another question I have, in FiveFinnishFarmers original schematic he had pin 22 and 23 occupied in X716, but in my tractor there is no wires on the other side.

In the diagram of FiveFinnishFarmers the pins that are surrounded by a circle, he has added them as can be read below. It appears to be 22 and 23 is used for the steers switch. My tractor doesn’t have them either.

1 Like

Ah yes, I missed that little detail, thanks! Has anyone managed to use the joystick steer switch, or have most made either a footswitch or something else?