Case IH Puma 230, autosteer ready

Yes AgOpen works with Case via CAN, but only with a Danfoss valve. Have you got a picture of the valve on the steering orbital?

Not CANBUS, you will have to build a PWM AgOpen setup

it seems that he has only controlled danfoss valves with CAN

Does the autosteer pressure disconnection work well for you? On my automatic steering ready Puma it disconnects fine when I turn the steering wheel to the right but it doesn’t when I turn left. Which may be due?

Experiencing similar effects, and overall the disengage percentage has to be fairly high in V5. due to the problem that when the valve is steering a lot it disengages by itself randomly. Wondering how CNH is doing it with a OEM System?

It doesn’t work for me neither.
I have it set up with the transistor and potentiometer to the remote pin, so I’m not using the new way of directly connected to arduino’s analog pin.
Been experiencing similar problems with random disengagements by the pressure of the auto steering.
I’m running it now at very high threshold for disengagement so it doesn’t cut off the auto steer unnecessarily.
With such a high threshold it is not usable for naturally ending the autosteer by turning the wheel. I have it there as a safety feature.

Long story short: sensor dosn’t work for me, so I use autosteer button manually to end steering.

You described it perfectly, wondering how CNH solves this issue?

My Case sprayer has an encoder on the steering column somewhere I’m pretty sure.

Hi there, thank you for providing this great guide.
I am planning to install a similar setup in my NH T7.200
I have a question on the connection between your tablet and the PCB, am I correct in assuming that the USB that is wired into the 40 pin plug is then connected to the tablet?
Sorry if the question seems basic, I am still getting my head around everything :sweat_smile:

Yes, that is exactly right. The USB goes to my tablet.

There is two things I would do differently today:

Use the pressure sensor connected to analog pin to disengage autosteer(although as discussed earlier the system works best with steering wheel encoder)

Use UPD to connect to tablet instead of USB. It does look like UPD will be the main connection method in the future.

Both of these I’ll be making to this tractor in spring.

Enjoy building your setup! It’ll be fun!

1 Like

Fantastic thread.

I have 1 question to begin and maybe have more later:

Is the pressure sensor being used instead of a WAS?

1 Like

The pressure sensor is used to disengage the automatic steering when you turn the steering wheel. The was is still used so that AOG knows the current angle of the wheels.

2 Likes

Hello, does the “Autosteer USB AgOpen GPS V5CanBus” sketch for Uno also work with the Ag Open 5.6.15 version, or are there any changes in the meantime?

I don’t know :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Normally the sketches are included in the support folder of the zip. I guess you can always test it or compare the code in IDE.

It’s new release so it’s probably different and probably not done yet. Either code it yourself or use the older version and wait.

Maybe you could ask this at the software forum page…

I have updated to version 5.7.2 and the autoguider does not work, I have discovered that disconnecting the pressure sensor button does work, but it does many eses and the field moves on the screen a lot, impossible to drive like that. I have gone back to version 5.5 and now the same thing happens to me, I have to disconnect the pressure sensor button for it to work, although in this version it follows the line as it did before. Something similar has not occurred to you, but in the lego version it worked perfectly.

That does sound odd.
I once had my system doing wierd things. It turnd out to be caused by stepup conventer that I used to charge my tablet PC. The tablet was charged with 12 → 19vdc stepup that was connected to the 12vdc srew connectors near the right rear corner of the cab. We had a habit of unsrewing one of the wires for night.
Next time I tried to use aog, it did not work at all. Could not find gps even.
After a while I noticed that the ground wire that feeds the stepup conventer was still unscrewed. Only the positive was connected.
Once I fixed that ground and got my charger working, the aog started to work great also.

I was basicly got my charder ground trough the usb that goes to pcb.

Probably won’t help you, but it is the first to pop in my head when reading your troubles.

do you use usb or udp version?

I use pcb v2 with usb, no panda yet. the weird thing is that it worked perfectly in v 5.5 and when upgrading to v 5.7.2 it doesn’t work if the pressure sensor is on. I think I’ll delete all the files and try to load version 5.5 along with its .ino file and see if it still works.

Problem solved. In this version, for the autoguide to start working I had to put the pressure sensor above 20%, below it it is not activated either manually or remotely. In 5.5 the pressure sensor had it at 1%.

1 Like

I’ve just finished installing everything into my T7 using this guide. I’ll try to get some photos to post at some stage!

I’m wondering if anyone that has done this project would mind sharing if their steer settings have changed from the settings written in the original post. I used them as a baseline and have tweaked them further with some improvement, though I’m still experiencing some minor “wandering” on the AB line and quite a bit of cross-track error.

1 Like

Great to hear! I’m thrilled to see some pictures and hear you troughts.

Once you post about your project, could you do so as a new ‘success story’ (it doesn’t have to be finished nor complite success! ).
That would make reading the forum more clear if this thread has info mostly about the original project.

Ps. I updated my latest steer settings to the first post.

Absolutely, I’ll create a new thread when I get there!

Thanks for your updated steer settings, I’ll give them a try - I have a suspicion that my WAS isn’t quite zeroed so going to try and get that dialled in properly first.