COM ports, AutoSteer configuration problems

COM ports are ok now, it’s connected. The problem is that Rx led blinks slowly which means that Nano is receiving data, but Tx blinks very fast, different than Rx. On older version, there was written “not connected BN055x…”. Also, how to know that Nano sends data to motor?

could you make a copy screen of AGIO?

This happens on older version.
Data in V5.

since now forget V4

and V5 seem working

now step by step
For GPS what are the version?

For Autosteer board the Was seem not working did you apply 12v to the board ?

Applied 5V on Nano and WAS, and 12V on IBT2 motor driver. I don’t know what you mean for GPS version, but I think all is newest version. RTK board simplertk2b was configured to send only VTG and GGA messages, too.

for GPS i consider this config Ublox F9P - Config for rover - #74 by m_elias (nneed also to update to 1.13 be carefull)

for autosteer board to understand more clearly coul you take a picture of your board …

in official V2 board the WAS receive 5V from 5V regulator and not nano …

AutoSteer board is not same as Arduino Nano? If not, does it include all ( nano, motor driver etc)?

Thanks it is more clear

but you are missing ADS1115 I2C converter
the was is connecting to this

1 Like

Ok, I was reffering to this schematics : http://www.gh-ortner.com/agopengps/lib/exe/detail.php?id=start&media=autosteer_switch_minimum_config.jpg

I thought it’s enough, as it is called minimum configuration.

agree but since V4 AD1115 is necessary

this file is too old 2019/01/06 23:45

sorry you need to purcharse this I2C component to go forward

I have that convertor, but first of all Thank you for your effort to help me! I’ll mount it tomorrow and tell here, so you can see when you check messages. Greetings :slight_smile:

your welcome!
farmer helping Farmer !!

1 Like

I’ve completed autosteer system, and it’s still not working (same as it was before). I checked Arduino nano pins ( D5 - PWM, D6 - DIR) with oscyloscope and there is no any signal. When I move WAS, program recognizes it. Autosteer and work switches are directly connected to GND, steer enable was set to None in AOG. Here’s some autosteer settings

did you apply the configuration AOG to nano by send ans save ?

after go to steer setting to play

to do a simulation try to calibrate artificially and normmaly with steer switch to the ground the electric motor need to work according Was potentiometer position

check the topic of Brian here

or this video ( sorry in french ) about config of autosteer

Ok, I’ll check this topic and video.

WAS and I2C communication works, and I guess I got it. But communication of Nano with motor driver is suspicious as motor simply doesn’t work. WAS data changes as I set potentiometer in different position. Also, in video you sent, I could set steer properties if motor works, but it doesn’t. Nano is receiving data but suspect that doesn’t send (Tx blinking rapidly, same when it’s not connected).

if WAS data change in AGO it seems NANO working

to be sure did you send data fron AOG to nano by the screen :wink: image

try to change all data in steer configuration to be sure nano receeive some info

in drive mode   check  PWM  value   on screen 

PWM is 120 and on some moments it is 0 and again 120.

and when you play with potentiometer ? ( be sure you are in drive mode tractor icon need to be green )