COM ports, AutoSteer configuration problems

LED on motor driver is not lighting. Only Arduino Tx and Rx leds. Tx rapidly same as when not connected. But Rx slowly when Arduino connects.

Could you show your electric setting:

i think nano is working now

Hi
If you your PWM value is more than 0 in the Autosteer Config Page the communication with arduino is Ok.
The PWM value is calculated in the arduino and sent back to AOG.

Be sure your ITB is connected right, the problem must be after the arduino.

You think Arduino correctly sends data to IBT? But problem could be in IBT, or anywhere after Arduino?

Yes I think your Arduino and Arduino/AOG communication is correct.

Your Arduino should be connected like this to the IBT:
both dir to pin D4
PWM1 to pin D3
PWM2 to pin D9
You can check with a multi-meter or a led if they output some voltage.

Edit: It seem from a picture above you are connected dir to D7, PWMs to D5 and D6.
so your will need to switch wires or modify outputs in the arduino code.

Edit2: check in the v5.2.2 support file /pcb/autosteerPCBv2 original/autosteershematics.pdf for the last wiring diagram.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try to manage pins. Also check it with oscyloscope.

Finally it worked, motor is turning, together with led. I reconnected pins DIR1 and PWMs per new schematic view in support folder of AOG. Thank you very much @bricbric and @Pat , you’ve helped me a lot ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. Which software should be uploaded into Arduino Nano - min and max configuration… I’ve found in support folder, but it doesn’t work, may be because I set min configuration, but where to find for min configuration then? Thanks.

Com problem after windows10 upgrade!
When windows updates to version 21H1 ardusimple F9Ps won’t work because windows now sees them as sensors and they disappears as com ports.
The problem and solution is described here:

You tried what they said? They say it should work after their procedure.

Yes it worked, I was about to throw my base pc out the window because of that stupid Com port missing.

I am near to that condition often, too.

Hello! I have a problem with the COM Port of the Steer Port. The problem is, that at Version 5.4.5 the COM ports gets saved all the time, but now at version 5.6.2 I always have to set the Steer Port at every start. The other Ports gets saved only the steering port is affected. During the “update” there was no Windows update or a change in the hardware and also the firewall, anti virus software and so on have the same settings like before. I also have tried to connect a different device to the steerport and also when I do not start the PC again it gets lost. The COM port of the steer unit is always the same, and I also can see it in the device manager before starting the program.
I also have installed the program on the Arduino and the PC new during the testing, with no result.
It also does not get affected when I choose a different port.

A difference with the new version is, that AgIO does not start automatically, I have to sart it manual, could this be a problem(because it is the only difference during starting)?

What could be my problem?

Thanks a lot!

AOG is moving to UDP only for steer box to tablet comms. This might be a good time to transition.
5.4 stable, officially will stay usb friendly. 5.6 onward will be moving to UDP only ino’s for the nano’s

I ran USB all last year, started using UDP this year, not too much difference. But UDP works 1st time every time once set up.

Also in the quest of making communications as real time as possible serial cannot touch Ethernet’s lowest bus speed.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your fast answer!

OK, now I understand, and I am going to take your advice and modify my system to UDP.

A few questions about it:
Is it a good solution when I use Wifi to connect the router with the tablet, because I have no ethernet port) or is there a better solution?

And is the RUT240 a good solution for it, or is this one also ok(https://www.amazon.de/GL-iNet-GL-SFT1200-Taschenformat-Gigabit-Anschlüsse-MicroSD-Steckplatz-White/dp/B09N72FMH5/ref=sr_1_27?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=179Y62K2UZTAP&keywords=wlan+router&qid=1655838805&sprefix=wlan+router%2Caps%2C123&sr=8-27) or is there a better one, or a reason why I should take another one?

Concluded it means that I have to connect the Arduino with an ETH Shield(https://at.rs-online.com/web/p/shields-fur-arduino/1763648) to the router.
The tablet would be connected via Wifi to the router.
Only with the F9P I am not sure. Have you meant with your last mail to keep the F9P via USB, or to connect it like here: F9P in ethernet mode ?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I have not used wifi for AOG yet, but there are people who do. I assume its just as good as any other means of network connectivity. I am dreaming of using it for steering, one less cable.

F9P is the common receiver, pretty solid performer, but many experiment with others too. Inputs will still be handled over serial as well.

The push to UDP only is so that there only needs to be one .ino to keep updated. Also fully eliminate port connection issues. It only effects tablet to AOG communications

Currently there are a lot of new experiments underway. Now trying PANDA in conjunction with my existing V2 board. Its less hassle once working having the GPS connect by UDP.

Also interested in the F9P in Ethernet mode, also seems like a good choice. Also if PANDA works as well as in @Vili 's videos , I am also wondering if the same trick could be pulled off with without the GPS having physical connection to the teensy4.1, but by just being on the UDP network.

V5.4 is a stable long term release and works well, V5.6 moving forward is changing rapidly.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your explainations!

I think I am going to change my system as follows:

I am going to connect the Steer PCB(the Arduino) via a Wifi Router to the tablet(with the components from my last message). ->is the RS-online link the right part for the arduino, because I can not find the ethernet part which you can see on the wiring pictures?

For an easier troubleshooting I am going to connect the F9P via USB to the tablet for now. When everything with the Steer PCB is running, then I am going to change it like you suggested to UDP, but currently I am not sure if I am going to do it with the PANDA or with the USR.

Did I understood your explaination right with the F9P via USB and the Steering via UDP? Or do I move myself into trouble, when I make this step between?

And the Panda also is connected via USB with the tablet, or did I understand that wrong? So how do it works with UDP? I have read a couple entries and documents but I wasnot able to find the answer to this.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Yes you understood right It concerns the steering box being UDP only.
The GPS can be either usb or UDP.

PANDA is the GPS and IMU being synced using a teensy4.1 then outputting the custom PANDA nmea message. The teensy4.1 has an optional Ethernet port that can be used to connect UDP.

2 Likes

Now everything is clear for me. Thanks a lot!

1 Like