Combining Single Antenna GPS + IMU

How can I find version 5.6 pre on GitHub

In @BrianTee_Admin 's AgOpenGPS github, but not the “master”, it’s “DanielSingle” but it’s in development, like an update a day!
If you want to take a look.

But it’s better to use the v5.5 release, this one also works with PANDA,
No need to use v5.6 until official release.

1 Like

Does this configuration fully support NTRIP corrections from AOG via the same USB as Teensy is connected? How about when all is connected by UDP (with ethernet adapter on Teensy)?

NTRIP works in both configurations. :+1:

With the traditional installation, my BNO80 is installed on the tractor gearbox. What about PANDA where do you install? can the entire enclosure in the cabin be even if the cabin is amortized?

I have cab suspension and I plan to put the antena in the front and IMU on chassis.

I have a U-blox ZED-F9P (SparkFun) set up as a base station and a U-blox C102-F9R as a rover. The base station is sending correction data to rtk2go via RTKLIB’s STRSVR. The over is receiving correction data via rtk2go’s NTRIP Server via a wi-fi hotspot on my cell phone to my laptop. I’ve plotted the deviation map over the course of an hour and I am very satified.

2 Likes

Let me know if anybody needs a write-up on the process to set this up.

1 Like

It would do the group good if you would do a write up.

7 Likes

The planet is going to look very straight when they finally update google maps! Impressive repeatability from PANDA!

4 Likes

Hi @PotatoFarmer , I am only getting started and chose the KaupoiMOD v4.1 PCB with the idea of using a single Simplertk2b as a rover and using nearby station for corrections until I build a base station. Do you recommend i should build a PANDA PCB to work with the Kaupoi PCB and what would the main benefits be? I have spent a good amount of time trying to work through reading all the various posts but I apologize if my question has already been answered.
Andrew,

All AOG versions are good, even without PANDA. AgOpenGPS performance is very high.

PANDA and V5.6, are still in development so there may still be some bugs and major changes even though they may look good in tests and videos. I have not yet switched to PANDA though the pieces are ready for assembly. PANDA Only affects how the IMU and GPS are fused reducing the lag of the IMU heading vs the AOG heading.

Currently if I were starting out first build make the V2, or Kapoui steer board preferably using UDP and run the stable 5.5 release. That will get all the major pieces in place, with RTK AOG will drive straighter than a commercial bolt on unit.

Trying to keep up with every innovation of this group can be tiring, but its also nice to know they are committed to squeezing in every chance at any increase of performance. That is why I am excited, there seems to be a constant stream of upgrades squeezing out an extra 2% usability.

If you just want to use it, bored with your current setup and want to modify it, or want to go on a experimental development journey, AOG is fun for all levels.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Currently I use panda with 10 Hz gps and 90ms setting (default was 80 in .ino)
What value is best tested by other Panda users to get most stable steering on rough ground?

How do you build Kaupoimod PCB with UDP? I have everything ready to solder on but there has been a lot of talk about UDP here so I’m thinking about changing to UDP from USB. What I need to order?

I built V2 and only had to add this, It may work for Kapoui but I am not sure.

US $4.49 | 1PCS ENC28J60 Ethernet Shield V1.0 for arduino compatible Nano 3.0 RJ45 Webserver Module

Kapoui is a lot more compact board so you may need to remote mount something like this

US $3.99 19% Off | Mini ENC28J60 LAN Ethernet Network Board Module 25MHZ Crystal AVR 51 LPC 3.3V

Either gives the nano a ethernet interface, depending how you are boxing it. Just upload the udp ino and it works.

I use BNO amd 95ms

I use 95ms for IMU_DELAY_TIME, and 5ms for GYRO_LOOP_TIME (but I also think that this last setting is not so important :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

When Wiring by Hand, so no PCB. Is there a resistor between sca/scl and the 5v needed?

BR Peter