Converting Fileds and Lines fron AOG to ISOXML

I would be very pleased if you could convert a file for me so that we can test if it works on my end too. However, there are too many fields and meadows that would need to be converted. And if this QGIS is free, I can do it myself as long as you show me how to proceed.

How did you use the Wayline Converter? I tried feeding it with KML files, but unfortunately, it didn’t work as it asked for a storage medium instead of the actual KML file.

As I said, it was quite some time ago and I cannot remember the correct steps. I did find some notes for myself from the time I did this but I would not be surprised if this was just a test or a working approach:

• Irrespective of the boundary source I import recorded boundaries to google earth and edit those manually. Make straight field borders a straight line, clean up corners that are difficult to drive with a quad-bike etc.

• convert to shape with QGIS (seems I did use QGIS after all, but it is a free application).

• copy shape files to a USB using Topcon file/folder structure, shape files to the boundaries folder.

• convert from shape files with nextfarming converter.

Honestly don’t be surprised if the above does not work (hopefully CommonRail has the time to draft a proper guide). I tend to remember using our AGCO branded X30 screen, importing shape file field borders there, then backing up and converting the X30 USB backup to Fendt with nextfarming converter.

I should try this all step by step again for an example field. Unfortunately the X30 is sleeping over the winter but hopefully it is not needed. My point anyway is that it can be done without paid tools.

Not straightforward at all in my opinion. I wonder if anyone has used Agrirouter or any similar tool/service?

Wondering…

Could we upload multiple systems fields and look into building a conversion program. To and from AOG. Perhaps if it works well, we could add a save as function right in AOG.

First question would be can the other systems import from kml or some other format.

Anyone willing to upload some fields we can study? Just lable what system it is from.

2 Likes

Very cool that you found notes.

I will just give it a try and see what happens.

I’m also in direct contact with CommonRail. He wants to experiment a bit.

Aside from AOG, I could provide a field file exported from a FendtONE terminal. Unfortunately, it only includes an AB Line, without a field boundary, as I had intended to import it and had managed so far.

I could measure my riding arena if desired :smiley: Currently, I can’t drive into the field. It has been raining for weeks here.

Riding arena should be a good start. Perhaps running it through the next farming converter and we would already have a sample for several brands.

Send what you have. I’ll start studying them.

Only boundary or boundary with one or more AB lines ?

I need to modify my offer a bit. I believe you’re really okay, but after some consideration, I won’t disclose my exact location here.

Therefore, in the coming days, I will drive the Fendt around some blocks of houses or fields and make that available to you. I hope you understand my decision.

It appears that Geo-Bird will convert to many systems except AOG. What if we just convert to GeoBird first. Anyone know if GeoBird will import from a given system or format or have a full sample of a GeoBird file that will open?

1 Like

Geobird can import a shapefile, i had to change from kml to shape in Qgis

1 Like

Indeed. I had our fields imported to Geobird to try automated wayline calculations. Now I cannot remember which files I’ve imported as it does not seem to accept AOG fields that were first imported to google earth and then exported as kml-files. My Geobird files do not match with the ones I use (originally mapped with AOG).

I did not even know Geobird was also converting borders and AB-lines to several commercial formats. Perhaps a feature added since I tried Geobird a long time ago?

Alright, I have successfully built a field and wayline in GeoBird and opened in in AOG. Here is how I did it.

After building the waylines in GeoBird click download and save as a KML file. Extract the folder and open the stand alone kml file. Open this file in GE. One the left menu right click on the boundary and save as. Be sure to click KML and the file type (not KMZ.) Put it where you can find it. Now do the same for the line.

Open the line and move point 3 in front of point 1. Watch the spaces and make sure you have a space after each of the group of three coordinates. The “0” is the altitude and is important.

Now start AOG and start field with KML. Give the field a name, click the KML and find your boundary. Load it and then click the check mark.

Using the curve you can now load the curve KML into the field.

It is a few steps but not that bad.

I have saved the file from GeoBird to my desktop in a couple of formats and have only been able to load the field in Geobird not the line. I still have to recreate the line.

Progress but still working on a good solution.

1 Like

I dont think you can load lines in to Geobird, the idea is that lines are generated in Geobird, from Commercial it is just the fields you upload not the lines

That is what I am finding. I have not been able to upload a field kml either. Only an XML33.

I had to change kml to shape in qgis before I was abel to upload too

Looks like iso-xml may be the best format to start with. Anyone know if some of the other manufacturer’s can import this type of file? According to GeoBird, some do.

Agco systems use these files. So fendt valtra and massey ferguson

Now I can export the field out of AOG and open in GeoBird using ISO-XML file. Again there are no lines imported into Geobird. Now will this open in some of the other brands? I’m not sure. Do you have to be in the vicinity of the field to open and see it on the screen? Or does someone have a field in AOG you could send me to try to convert?