Corrections via ntrip to 372 guide?

I know there are some topics on this subject already but I can’t seem to follow them well. Can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to get corrections into my New Holland branded 372 receiver please? I have 2 ardusimple receivers, I’m hoping to use them. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I guess your intention is to use one of the ardusimple receivers as an RTK base, one option and detailed instructions here:

Did you ask your NH dealer about the tractor receiver, likely RTK unlocks and a modem there?

I have used it on rtk in the past. I simply have no interest in paying Trimble several hundred in subscription every year when I have the ardusimple sitting there that I could use as a base :sweat_smile: thank you for your reply!

Was it on radio or NTRIP when you had RTK on this NH in the past?

When I bought the receiver second-hand, it came along with a radio, but I paid Trimble the subscription for Centre Point as I had no base station. I would like to go down the road of NTRIP as we have some hilly land and other land far away from our base.

A free private base and RTK corrections via NTRIP is indeed a popular approach here as long as the fields have decent cellular coverage.

The NH dealer should be able to help with tractor side issues. I’m not familiar with NH/Trimble but we have experts here at this forum. Although this is an AOG forum, I’m sure you’ll get better support for NH/Trimble here than from your dealer, certainly better support than NH/Trimble would give for AOG or any “foreign” gear.

I have successfully used Trimble 372 antennas for the past couple years with my own base station and NTRIP. Here’s what I’ve learned (mostly from this forum).

Your antenna must be unlocked to RTK.

I leave the tractor connected to Port A and set up Port C in the 372 to: In RTCM 57k.6, Out NMEA 57k.6.

I made a DB9 serial to Deutsch 12 Pin cable that goes from the B connector into the cab. You only need TX, RX, and data ground for this cable. I use a USB to Serial adapter to connect to an Android phone. This phone is running the Bluecover NTRIP app as a server pushing RTK corrections to the 372.

Now to the base station requirements:

I’m using a Sparkfun F9P reciever connected to a PC running Ubuntu. It’s working for me but I think there is a cleaner, better way to build a base station. The important thing is that I’m using Stefal’s RTKBase software which has str2svr built in. This allows the 1008 RTCM message to be injected which the 372’s must have along with the ADVNULLANTENNA message. Here’s a picture of my base settings. These messages aren’t all necessary for the 372 but it works.

Also, turn on the XFill option in the 372. It’s an RTK level fall back signal offered by Trimble. That way there is no interruption if your cell signal degrades or anything like that. It lasts for 20 mins at a time.

Good luck!

1 Like