Dual GPS PCB v1.3

This is what i get when i click the download buttonScreenshot (28)

it has .zip on the end not .txt ???

You can see by the icon that it is a text file. Follow the directions, and when you rename it will have txt on the end. After you take that off and hit enter, the icon will become a zip file

sorry just not seeing were i can delete the .txt or extract the file

It’s a windows thing, you must change the way windows show files. Administrator rights and so on.

1 Like

First search on google :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks that was easy. just checked the file name extensions box in file explorer.

That’s my fault, it forgot to mention in view up top, to show extensions. Sorry
I’m at Cheyenne, Oklahoma , what part of Kansas are you in ?
Wondering if I send you a check, we could split 10 soldered boards, since your already ordering.

Benjamin, we could use your assistance with our project, as we want to include your pcb.

Kaupoi is modifying his PCB to mount and power a miniature ethernet switch from BotBlox, and we are looking at Benjamin’s dual pcb to stack under the autosteer board. The SwitchBlox switch comes with the leads to connect everything. Going to put a panel mount coupler in the side of the box, so we’ll have one ethernet cable from tablet, and a nice neat little module in the box, that hopefully anyone can assemble.
Could you add the 4 mounting holes for Kaupoi’s pcb to set on top of your pcb ?
Also, I would like to make traces that come from mosi,miso, sck, and cs, from one of the f9p’s to the ethernet shield, but leave a blank in the traces for jumpers on each, so if someone wants to use it with only one f9p and no esp, he could add 0 ohm jumpers and still have udp.
The mounting holes are 5mm diameter, 91 centers, square. Thanks
Edit
Forgot, I would like to add mounting holes for rfd900 radio on the bare area on the lower right as well. It wouldn’t need any traces, we can just wire it for now

2 Likes

Curious is their a reason your using RFD radios instead of digi SX which i understand are basically the same as the ones ardusimple offers
Edit. just looked at their website guess i dont see anything wrong with them. Have you used them? what atracted you to them?

The drone guys use them, and I started with them for their input. They work well and are small. I like the idea of the digi, but the digi are dual baud and don’t know enough about them to try. I know the xbee supposed to not work with rfd900.Screenshot_20210316-210735_Drive
Benjamin, here are the dims for the RFD900 radios.

1 Like

why are their 2 sma connectors

You can use 2 antennas, say an omni, and a directional, and the radio receives off of the strongest signal. I just put a small antenna on the radio, and a 5dbi on the roof. Only requires one antenna installed to work though.
Add
USR ES1 W5500
Guys, Matthias is using this w5500 to connect UDP. If we can put it on the board in place of USR TCP, it would take less space.

1 Like

Hi guys,
sorry i haven’t been here active for quite a while. I hope it’s not to late to help you.
I haven’t had any trouble with the boards except the TX/RX. They just work.

If you like, i can add a few holes to the PCB for you.
As far as i can remember i am using the Version 1.1 and the settings are:
RX1 - 27
TX1 - 16
RX2 - 25
TX2 - 17
WiFi LED - 13

The Version 1.2 i never used, because i only changed the Pins for TX/RX and ordered 10 pieces of V1.1.
Matthias wrote for v1.2 you have to take
RX1 16
TX1 27
RX2 17
TX2 25
So i messed it up again. These bloody TX/RX things… Just the point of view :wink:

I am in the AgOpenGPS International Group with the name “Benjamin”.

1 Like

We ordered v1.2 I think. Says 1.2. So we need to swap the rx and tx both in the web interface or ino ?
We will try them and maybe we can add holes for rfd900 radio in the future, and correct the rx, tx at that time.
Wouldn’t be against another header for SPI, to add the usr module I posted, now that Matthias has code added to his ino. I will post our results in a couple weeks or so. Just ordered boards Wednesday, I think

2 Likes

All right, by the time you know, that both lines are swapped, I can make a v1.3 :wink:
Can add some holes etc.

1 Like

20210326_081000
Are you able to change this header to fit the USR w5500 I posted above ? With miso top left, so we are aiming to the right still

1 Like

I made dual with c099-f9p, work good but a lot’s of breadboard wire !! Did anyone already try to plug them on this pcb ?

sounds great, well give a trial run on current model. and then try to make an updated version based on our experience. Add radio etc. etc.

Maybe like this.
Feel free to comment :wink:

1 Like