Dual GPS setups

You can configure two different network modes (UDP server & client) for the same serial port?

Just a generic one off ebay, came from china…Seems to work great! Will post a thread about it if i get chance tomorrow

1 Like

Was there not a web interface for configuring settings? Does that still pop up as an access point when needed?

Yeah, can either leave wifi on so it still connects to your network and then you have access via the web gui, or just leave it on short timeout so. it always instantly starts the hotspot on boot, with a timeout, then if you ever want to use it, just restart tractor and you will get hotspot.

Personally I have disabled it all, as prefer to just set it in config and be done. Boots up instantly / sends data instantly that way. Nothing else to cause delays / issues!

1 Like

Heii Darren,

Which dual GPS Setup do you use? The Code from MTZ8302 with the ESP32?
So you have nothing change than WiFi disable at the Code?
Regards, Peter

Bit more info on my more recent setup,

I think will soon be able to replace the TTL-UDP server with direct ethernet support in ESP from Matt, but until then, works great and means no more wifi.

More info in my thread:

PXL_20210110_130453456

3 Likes

Is there a Gerber file for Andaes’ dual board, so I can get them in the US ?
I have my tablet on a dock with several USB hubs and ethernet. I want a flat dual setup to mount on the back of my dock

1 Like

You may alternatively use the y cable version for the pixhaw plugs. Search, it’s here in the forum

Ya, I thought about it, but I like the idea of having it all on a board, so I can just plug modules in if they fail. I think the pcb will take the vibration and bouncing better. I guess I could just attach to a project board or make one out of plastic sheet. Like most of us, its about available time. Thanks Matthias

new beta Version for the ESP32 dual code on GitHub: supports Ethernet, NTRIP client, multiple WiFi networks. With this you can connect to mobile phone hotspot and transfer data to AOG via USB, WiFi or ethernet. Give a try and report

https://github.com/mtz8302/AOG_GPS_ESP32/tree/beta-Ethernet%2C-NTRIP-client%2C-multiple-WiFi-networks/AOG_GPS_ESP32

1 Like

Hello, sounds great i will try it as soon as possible. Which ethernet shield is recommended?
Screenshot_20210116_213930
Love it!! I will report.

Regards, Peter

1 Like

I tested 3 shields but the only one I got to run was the w5500 that is designed for 3,3V.The pins are the normal SPI config: MOSI23 MISO19 CLK18 CS5

The original Arduino Ethernet shield 2 didn’t work also another one in uno format. Might be a 5V problem

1 Like

Anyone ever encountered the issue of short but complete signal loss with the now “old” dual gps setup? :slight_smile:

Got the “stack version” of two f9ps and esp32 running and connected via wifi/udp to a rut230 (for mobile connection etc.). Autosteer-Arduino connected via ethernet cable/udp to the rut230 and AgOpen running on a Chuwi ubook tablet, connect via wifi to the rut230.
F9Ps running at 10 Hz and tablet seems to keep up pretty good. RTK. All good.
WebUI shutting down after 1min.

When driving on an open field, suddenly “no gps, i’m lost”. Sometimes its back immediately, sometimes it needs 10, 20, 30 secs…
Already thought of maybe a timeout/wifi lost-based problem.
But so far no events in the event log of the router.
Switched the esp32. First one i bought seemd to be very “cost efficiently” build. :smiley:
Still looses it completely sometimes. (Sometimes: ~3 times an hour.)

Should i try the new config? Maybe hard wiring everything is the answer ? Hmm…
Ill try some other workarounds/possibilities the next days to find the bug in my setup, but maybe someone already had a similar issue.

Hi, I had the same problem, “I m lost” one second every around 40 second. So I’m back to USB.

1 Like

In the 2020 season I also found it was completely lost once about a few hours and I had to restart. Only few times I noticed momentary glitches, now that you say it. Similar primitive setup.
This experience is still with some early code of Matthias from march or april, so I was thinking this was to blame.

1 Like

Has anyone else had any success getting an RTK fix over ethernet? That is, sending the RTCM via the ethernet also?

Seems to be a timing issue. Other reported too. No idea at the moment, but I’m searching

Interesting…

Not sure if its related, but maybe…

I have noticed if i stop the NTRIP client, and even if i disconnect it from the network…the ESP continues to receive NTRIP packets in the serial monitor (debug mode-on) for 10 or so seconds after its stopped? Is something getting delayed / building up on the ESP maybe? Seems strange, once stopped, it starts immediately when i re-start NTRIP client, but again when i stop it, I get many messages after on the ESP until it stops and times out…

Short feedback to my problem above:
Went back to usb the next day, perfect. Runs like a charm, Even with “old” version. Octobre2020.
Have to say: BIG THANKS for all the effort that went into this piece of software!

Wondering the other day if some of you ever tried to not only use gps data for aog
but also for an implement? For example build RMC,GSA and send it through a seperate gate from esp to an implement controller. Like one of those amatrons or cci terminals. :thinking:

1 Like

Does it need to be AOG that forwards NMEA to an implement controller. Wouldn’t a simple serial port splitter app be sufficient. Reads the port from a GNSS receiver to AOG and forwards the same content to another serial port that feeds Amatron+ or similar implement controllers?

Probably a cleaner solution if AOG did that but I’m always concerned about the SW implementation work load and the priorities between nice features.