Dual GPS setups

No, I read it mentioned but haven’t been able to find it.

Try to contact him in the telegram group or with a private message.

Forgive my ignorance, but I’ve only heard of the telegram group, and don’t know much about private message either.

@Franz can you help @Jhmach with your code?

Found it. Thanks Richard

Other thing… did you tried the latest version 4.3.10? In the pictures I see you’re using an older version

I set it up and tested with 4.3.10, but had to switch for hydraulic valve. It did the same thought, on the north and south.
I did get a response from Franz, and he sent me his code. Apparently there is some issues with sign in code from east to west, but he sounded positive that its repairable.

Can you send me your INO? i will try to modify it for 4.3.10

https://github.com/benreu/AgOpenGPS/tree/danfoss_proportional/ArduinoCode
This is what I ended up using that worked the best. It’s the danfoss ino. I think v4.1.12 is the latest version that has PID though.
We(the hydraulic valve guys) keep hoping for a modified v4.3.10 with PID ?
Edit
Have you looked at “tractor jumping when backing up” post. StephanA found negative sign causing the big jump when going from forward to reverse. My older version does it as well, even with dual antenna.

Rich, who’s esp code are you running ?
Reason for asking, is I have been using Matt’s, and Richardklasens suggested trying Franz code to see if it behaves any different. It looks like Matt uses right antenna for position and Franz uses left. I loaded Franz and didn’t bother switching antenna wires for testing, and had to enter negative number for left right offset.

When sitting on the driver seat and looking to the front axle, left antenna = heading, right antenna is position. It’s the same with Franz or Matthias. Both take the left for heading, right for position. Offset needs to be left in AOG (minus value)

That’s because the forward offset isn’t recalculated. Needs some work to solve that.

IMG_3693
Here is what Franz sent me. I probably have something wrong again

So in the end it is not a problem of earth radius, but a sign problem causing E/W correction to the wrong side. This causes roll correction to the wrong side, so tractor won’t drive good.

Could you please make the test with the flag again at a heading of 0 (tractor pointing to the north) and reply what happens if you put in 1000cm and -1000cm for left/right and foreward/backwards.

I can’t test west of Grennwich and no other one gave reply more detailed than “seems not to work”.

Thanks
Matthias

You downloaded the esp board compiler addon? I used 1 version back instead of the latest

I’m using Matthias’ code. Yes I believe right is the rover (position) and left is heading (moving base)

I don’t believe radius is the solution. Franz said possibly a sign. In aog with your code, my roll is positive right.
I will be happy to test with the flag again. First test was 0 heading as well. I have not changed anything on that tractor with your code. Bit of freezing precipitation now, but after it let’s up
Edit
Here you goIMG_3695 IMG_3696 IMG_3697 IMG_3698 IMG_3699 IMG_3700
Top is where I dropped flag then backed up to uncover it.
Next is 1000cm forward, then -1000 cm forward, then zero forward and 1000cm right, then -1000cm right.
The last picture is web interface of startup. Is the vgt different because we aren’t sending vgt on output ?

I think right is moving base with Matthias’ code

I did download the compiler for esp32. Franz sent the older base and rover configurations, that appear to be identical to the 1.12 that Matt has on github, and dual antenna code dated 2 days ago. There seems to be a problem with not being able to inject my rtk corrections into moving base. Going to try and fix that today.
Edit
Did test a little yesterday with Franz code. It always shows single instead of PPS, but behaves like dual. Without rtk connected, it doesn’t give heading without moving first, but at first drive, the vehicle appears to be centered north south, and east west. Tried to compare math in both Franz and Matt’s, but most of Fanz is in German. Don’t think I have enough experience to recognize anyway.