Dual GPS setups

The VTG is only correct, when you drive, as there are small jumps in GPS causing error in fix to fix calculation of VTG heading.

I tried the 1000cm move right and fould out, that it is to the other side here. So there is no need to handle different cases for E/W Greenwich. I made a branch on GitHub for testing. Give a try

1 Like

IMG_3724
Okay, the blue is with the previous code, and the odd green is couterclockwise yellow, and clockwise blue over the top. Bottom of the picture is NS. Didnā€™t have time to do any other testing tonight, but it looks like you were successful. Will test further in a day or so and post.
Many thanks Matthias.

2 Likes

@Jhmach Would love to see some pictures of your dual gps setup especially your enclosure and wiring. Particualarly your radios.
Thanks

IMG_3714
This is the only picture I have at the moment, above is some pictures of my pcb connected to 12 pin deutch connector
Radio is bottom right corner. Itā€™s a RFD900X from RF design. Upper right is 12v to 5v for radio and USB hub. Hub wasnā€™t in for the picture. Far right beside pcb is 12v opto relay to power danfoss Udc. TX from radio to xbee TX pin in lower f9p.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Did a little more test driving with Matthiasā€™ latest code this evening, and as far as I can tell the north south issue is fixed. Couldnā€™t get wi-fi to come up though, but had put setting in the code before I loaded it. Gonna look in to that.

1 Like

I loaded the last file into my 7330 and tested today, and itā€™s the same. Dead center in all directions
I would mention that I had 1.12 config files on f9pā€™s and forgot to return to default before loading 1.13. Definitely need to return to default any time a configuration is reloaded.
Matthias, I set timeout on wifi to 255 in code before I loaded it, and it is not showing up on my tablet in this tractor either. Is there a setting or something that needs in commented ?
Edit
Found it
timoutRouter was set to 90 instead of 10. Iā€™m guessing that is in minutes ?edit again
Seconds

1 Like

you can access the webinterface via xxx.xxx.xxx.79 if you use wifi on your tractor. If you donā€™t, the ESP32 will create an access point after the timeoutRouter (s) has passed via 192.168.1.1 when beeing logged to the access point via Wifi.
When changing stuff in the setup zone of the code an flashing it to the esp, it will be NOT applied. The EEPROM (place to store those values) will be only rewritten when the version number changes, or it you set EEPROMclear = true in line 109 (?). (true ā†’ flash, boot, false ā†’ flash, boot).

About the dead center problem: might be caused by AOG, there you need some movement before it starts. Thatā€™s because if you donā€™t use RTK, the signal drifts all the time.

I change to true first every time I reload edited code. Then false like your instructions. Works great.
No, dead center, I meant that it tracks perfect no matter which direction i travel. Iā€™m pretty sure you have our NS issue fixed.
Didnā€™t have time to get the radio set up for RTK yet, but will post report after.

2 Likes

Matthias, I never got the wi-fi to come up on this test ino. I copied and pasted the section you uncommented into the earlier version, and the wi-fi comes up now. I didnā€™t notice anything other than the 90sec in the timoutRouter. I was in the tractor for over an hour, and it never showed up.
Didnā€™t take any pictures of testing today, but drove all over, and the trac was good in all directions. Thanks again I am confident this setup will work with the planter in the spring.
I have lowered baud to 230k in uart2 to get more range out of rtk radios, but didnā€™t see much range increase. Wonder how it would behave if I lowered to 115k ?

Should be able to lower even further. Try it.

Hi,
the Webinterface takes some HP, so it switches off after timeOutWebIO (minutes), to keep allway active use 255. There should be no relation to the changed correction part.
The baudrate uart2 in the ESP32 - F9P connection is 115200 (line 310). For the F9Ps itā€™s UART1 to the ESP32 and UART2 for the moving base link. So when changing the UART2 speed in UCenter, you change the speed of the connection F9P left - F9P right.
See AOG_GPS_ESP32/ZED-F9P-MovingBase_AppNote_(UBX-19009093).pdf at master Ā· mtz8302/AOG_GPS_ESP32 Ā· GitHub
But, I didnā€™t get where you placed the radios, so maybe you are right.
Greetings
Matthias

Yes I change both f9p uart2. Radio is to right f9p xbee socket.
As m_elias advised, I have the other tractor set at 115k, and it seems to be okay.
I think I really just need to get my antenna up higher.
Thanks again

Hi, maybe a stupide question but what is udp X2 ?

sends same UDP message twice. Was an idea to get rid of the Windows WiFi time bug. Better: delete WiFi driver in Windows then the package aggregation might be gone.

Hello I have the same Hardware Configuration as you. I am also interested to get GPS via UDP Ethernet cable to AOG. Is there any progress since? Would be nice to know.
Regards, Peter

1 Like

I have this evening successfully managed to get my incoming GPS via Ethernet (UDP) from my Dual GPS ESP using a TTL-Ethernet adaptor, and have also successfully got RTCM going back to the ESP via the same link.

So setup is basically just dual GPS in USB/Serial mode (wifi disabled), and then connect the TTL (RX0/TX0) on the ESP to the TTL-Ethernet adaptor, configure it in both client and server mode with relevant settings (for RTCM one way,and GPS the other), configure the IP settings etc, and away you go.

If having any issues, just use wireshark and filter by IP so you can see what each device is spitting outā€¦

Hope that helps @Bada ,

3 Likes

Hello Thanks for fast Response. And happy New Year :slight_smile:
Which TTL Adapter are you using?
Regards.

You can configure two different network modes (UDP server & client) for the same serial port?

Just a generic one off ebay, came from chinaā€¦Seems to work great! Will post a thread about it if i get chance tomorrow

1 Like

Was there not a web interface for configuring settings? Does that still pop up as an access point when needed?

Yeah, can either leave wifi on so it still connects to your network and then you have access via the web gui, or just leave it on short timeout so. it always instantly starts the hotspot on boot, with a timeout, then if you ever want to use it, just restart tractor and you will get hotspot.

Personally I have disabled it all, as prefer to just set it in config and be done. Boots up instantly / sends data instantly that way. Nothing else to cause delays / issues!

1 Like