Dual GPS setups

I am also having trouble with the dual anteena setup. Have wired as per @MTZ8302 instructions and have uploaded the configs for each f9p as provided but it still shows

"poor quality of GPS signal, or only 1 Antenna: NO heading/roll calc
Antenna distance set: 74.00 Ant. dist from GPS: 0
VTG heading (only from Ant R) filtered: 300.03
driving direction: 0
"

I am sure it is a config issue and I have missed something, Could some one upload a set of f9p configs they have working so I can test please?

Ant dist from GPS 0: you seem not to get data from heading Antenna, or the RTCM from position antenna to heading antenna does not flow, or antenna doesn’t see the sky.
Use debugmode UBX, so you can see (com port messages), if RelPosNED is comming in. If not, check if in the F9P the message is active (config view, message, nav-relposned to uart1)
With the 1.13 firmware the UCenter has sometimes trouble and the saving of the config doesn’t work propperly.

I have tried reseting all of those messages etc and still no real luck. I had a distance reading at one stage of 1500… now back to nothing. both boards show RTK activitiy so there must be data being sent from the right to the left, yes?

any other ideas please.

results of debugmode UBX? screenshoot please

see if you can make sense of this

"
lat: -32.2939992virtLat virtLon filtVirtLat FiltVirtLog,-32.29399932,150.90022163,-32.29399925,150.90022161, lat filtered: -32.2939992 lon: 150.9002216 lon filtered: 150.9002216
buildOGI tempLat temLon,-322939992,1509002216,millis,115667,UBXRingCount1 OGIfromUBX PAOGI,2,2,DualGPSPres RollPres VirtAntPres DrivDir FilterPos,0,0,0,0,1,PVThead RelPosNEDhead,5965138,0,PVTlat PVTlon,-322939992,1509002216,$PAOGI,064020.00,3217.63995,S,15054.01329,E,4,14,2.65,0189.00,00.000,059.6,-00.0,*5A
SerIn: #lstUBX #newUBX newUBX lat lon,2,0,-322939992,1509002215,SerIn: RelPosNED heading down dist flags,0,0.
"

the RePosNED has no data. So it might be

• not sending data (RelPosNED message not active)
  • not beeing connected correctly / PIN allignment wrong

connect the RelPosNED F9p to UCenter via USB and check, if signal is comming

switch off all debgumodes exept of debugmode UBX
check if MSG - NAV RelPosNED is activated for UART1 (UCenter)
check wireing RX1+TX1 from the F9P to ESP32
change/reverse PIN allignment for the RelPosNED F9P until you get message like “got RelPosNED”

In the right UBX there is data in the relposned message but not in the left ubx, there is data leaving the right TX2 and it is connected to the left UBX RX2. What messages need to be enabled in the right to send to the left, I think I have got them all on as per your description but something must be wrong.

In the LH UBX rxbuff there appears to be receiving data but nothing populates in the relposned window.

I have also attached my schematic

The esp32 does not get ubx relposned. I suggested debugging solutions in my last post!
Post screenshots of UCenter of both f9ps, so you can see if it can see the sky and gets NTRIP

The right UBX

The only thing I can’t get reliably is the rtk fix. AOG says RTK fix but the rtk light doesn’t go off like it should when in fix - sometimes it toggles but never stays off - this maybe because the nearest mount point is so far away?

LH UBX at best shows

but often all the values are zero’d

and debug still shows no signal on LH UBX or every second one is invalid?

Ok, sometimes there are values for RelPosNED, so data comes in. But often 0 or impossible data like ant distance 1000 cm.
If antenna position is good, you can flip the cables of the antennas for testing.
Otherwise might be caused by power issues: the f9p is hot rebooting and first data is not precise. Franz had this once.
Add power supplies, like powered USB hub, to each f9ps USB port

Have esp32’s ordered, and in the air about using the ublox c099 boards I already have or ordering rtk2b boards, as that appears to be what everyone is using.
We are very remote here and poor cell reception so I have a base set up on the barn. Currently using rfd900 radios with TX of rover radio to rx2 of rover module for corrections. Will MTZ8302 configuration work the same way ? Also running v4.1 due to danfoss valve.

Hoping for some help. Built the stack design from Matt.
Have loaded the setup off of github to both rtk2b boards. A little confused about which one gets pvt and relposned. I have pvt to MB(right antenna bottom board). Is that correct. Have rtcm3 messages to output from same.
I use USB for aog, and get nothing in aog. Used esp32 dev kit for my board in arduino and flash.
There is a red led that blinks on the esp beside the blue one. Is this correct. Serial monitor doesn’t show any messages coming to it.
On the MB I have GPS but no rtk
rvr has both GPS and rtk fix. I have not connected my rfd900 yet, because I. Not sure which board it connects to. I thought the MB board to the rx, but after reading that they are backwards, maybe the TX of the xbee socket.

IMG_3578 IMG_3577

Top picture is MB bottom rvr
Any help thanks

Still got nothing in aog. I know most everyone is in the field now, but if it rains could someone please tell me how to get connected to aog from esp32 via USB. I have zero experience with udp and ntrip. Also I read on ardusimple forum that the boards will now flash with gen 9 view. Will that have any effect on communication with esp32 ? I loaded mine with gen 9. Thanks

Just plug the USB from esp32 to computer and windows will see it. Start up arduino and find the esp32 library and then upload the right .ino file.

I loaded Matt’s ino from github, but I don’t know how to see if it is working. Aog doesn’t show anything. I’m sure I have settings in aog incomplete, but don’t know what to set.

I loaded the the one that had the mission planner icon(largest file), figured the other ones are for arduino mega.

Binary file

I believe you also do some configuration on the esp32 via it’s web interface. Are there not instructions with the files on GitHub?

And you’re sure you used the right library for the esp32 you’re using? I found out that I didn’t used the right one for my esp32, nodemcu. But after I changed it, it whent quite easy.