Dual GPS setups

This is what I used. It loaded with no errorsIMG_3588 IMG_3587

Please forgive my ignorance.
It says use web interface to change settings, but I donā€™t understand. Is web interface a program ?

MTZā€˜a dual esp code will create a WiFi acces point. You can acces it with your computer.
You need to set a fixed IP adress in your wlan Device like 192.168.1.100 and 255.255.255.0 as subnet. Then you can acces the web interface thru a webbrowser with the address 192.168.1.1

Thank you Richard. That helps a lot.
Do I have to have a wifi connection along with USB to run after itā€™s set up, or can I use USB only ?

You can use USB only.

Thank you

Some progress. I will expound a little for those with little experience like myself.
Richard gave good information about web interface. Just go into networks on tablet and find available networks in wifi. Select GPS_unit_F9P_Net and connect.
Go to internet browser and in URL box at the top put in 192.168.1.1 and enter
Web interface comes up. Change setting from there and save.
Please advise if incorrect.

I reflashed both f9pā€™s and now have paogi sentence in arduino monitor.
Had no heading and vehicle didnā€™t turn with implement. Loaded v4.3.10. Got heading but no roll. Changed some settings in udp and ntrip thinking that might be it but no. Reset aog back to default and cant get heading now. Reads .4 from GPS and FUZ. Doesnā€™t change even when moving. Sentence is all zeros at the end.
I have only USB connected. Any suggestions ?
Thanks
IMG_3590

Turned all debug messages on. Serial monitor says poor GPS signal, but u-center monitor shows good. Uninstalled aog and all files, then re installed. Still has no heading or roll. Heading changes on serial monitor but not in aog.

IMG_3593

If you are testing inside your home, it will not work. Go outside, put antennas on a good sky sight and you will see that is working

You donā€™t have a good rtk correction because it shows flag 3 ā†’ means DGPS Fix. Without rtk you donā€™t get good heading/roll values and with mtzā€™s code it will be ignored because of the poor gps signal

Measured my distance between antennas and corrected. GPS quality is good now
Looking at the esp code, and it looks like roll is calculated in esp then sent to aog ? So will roll not display in aog ?
Also, Iā€™m just set up with antennas on my pickup for testing, and driving around circle drive around the barn. Not using rtk radio yet because itā€™s in the tractor Iā€™m using, where this setup will go once itā€™s working correctly.
When I go east, west, it tracked center. When I go north, south, it runs half way off. Anyone have this happen, and have a fix ?
IMG_3595 IMG_3594

I also noticed roll in serial monitor is positive left and negative leaning right. I that correct ?

IMG_3597

Well, as Richardklasens wrote without RTK, this system will not work and testing in this way does not make sense. Well, unless Iā€™m wrong ā€¦

It was my understanding from earlier in this post that this will work without rtk, just inaccurate like waas.
Still shouldnā€™t change centerline NS to EW should it ?

Without RTK, roll is not responding correct and will be turned off until RTK is good.
With a dual system you definitely need a good rtk correction service for heading and roll.

1 Like

Thanks,
Roll definitely move while sitting still without rtk. It is surprisingly smooth though. I will be able to pull the rtk radio out of that tractor next week to test with. Still cant see the connection where rtk can affect the tracking north and south being half swath east, yet east and west is dead center.

I guess your offset is wrong

I thought about that as well, but it is only when I travel north and south. Itā€™s good east and west. Also whether Iā€™m heading north or south the vehicle is off of the east side. I have both antennas oriented the same as per ublox instructions. Rotated both antennas 90 degrees( cables pointing to the rear vs both pointing to the right) just to test, but didnā€™t change anything. Played with aog offsets also, just to rule anything out. I went ahead and ordered some extra rtk radios so I can get that tested as well.
One thing that makes me wonder about offsets is I still have 20 ft. Row drill for my implement, and the north south deviation is half of that, so 10 ft. I think I will change that to 10 ft implement and see if itā€™s still half ?

Ahā€¦ I think there could be an issue because you talk about ft. Means you have set it to imperial.
Can you switch it to metric and test if it still gives issues?

I never thought about that. I will give it a try. Thanks

Tried metric with no change. Changed tool size also. No change
Will wait on rtk radios and test again

@MTZ8302 can you check this also please? Is it related to the non RTK?