Ethernet Setup Help

When you said that there is no code for relay and maybe also no code for ethernet gps?? I then dug out a small 4 port usb hub. I plugged everything in and it all worked with out any set up. So can anyone tell me the advantage of ethernet ?
regards
Max

Galvanically isolated. Industrial (afaik). If disconnected and reconnected, doesn’t require entering the setup page again.

1 Like

Does someone have a recommendation for a good compact wireless router for in tractor?

IMG_20200224_215951
I found a compact router that works. $20 amazon
top of picture is the insides of the router. I powered it with 12 volts and it works

I use teltonica rut955 with gsm to get RTK and wifi. Works perfectly: no delays for udp packets, so nmea over wifi works

1 Like

Hello,
I have UDP with the standard configuration of AOG, just tick UDP.
Here it’s UDP over Wifi but I think, it should be the same with RJ45
For my remaind, here is a scheme for the network on the tractor
(If this could help, feel free to ask for more details or software)
francois
Network

1 Like

Very nice chart! Your picture reminds me of Dr Emmet Brown asking for his rough model to be excused.

4 Likes

You say it is very easy to setup. I have tried everything I can think of and cant get gps into aog via udp. Everything else works with udp. Do you use udp server or client. remote port or local port at 9999. I have uart 1 and 2 set to send out nmea at same baudrate as settings on tcp232-t2. I’m probably missing something simple so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a little program, put it on a different computer on the same network. Put in the ip address of the computer that has AOG, hit connect. MAke sure udp is on in AgOpenGPS, reset. make sure simulator is off !!!

That’s all you need to do to test. If the UDPSim is running on 192.168.1.12 and AOG is on 192.168.1.7 and you put 192.168.1.7 in the little sim box for IP, it will work.

AgSimUPD.zip (9.9 KB)

Make sure fiewalls allow communication - turn them off temporarily to make sure.
Make sure built in sim is off.
Make sure all devices are on the same subnet 192.168.1.xxx for example.
It works :slight_smile: Really it does :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have my gps picksimulti with an udp server IP : 192.168.1.200
port: 55558 Aog is on IP 192.128.1.123 How can Aog connect to the 55558 server?

Can you change the server port to send to 9999?

All the modules send on 9999 as well.

Thank you it works it was enough to return The ip address of the pc with its port and the miracle occurs. one less cable in the tractor

Awesome blossom!

thanks I finally got it

1 Like

It’s a little magical, it just works lol.

Tervuren: Hi are you connecting a Swiftnav Piksi-Multi to ag open gps with WIFI? Could you post some pictures of your setup
Thanks

I use two piksimulti one in base the other in rover via gsm
base 192.168.1.200 port 55556
on the box open port 2101 and redirect to 192.168.1.200:5556
on the rover connect to the box address 999.999.999.999:2101
then establish the connection to agopen in udp2020-03-02 2020-03-02 (1) 2020-03-02 (2)

Thanks Ill look this over better after chores.

wwfarm Hi i got one like this and it says 9volt. You used 12volt and no issues?

thats right. I wondered about that to before i tried it but seems to works good

1 Like