Ethernet Setup Help

Thank you it works it was enough to return The ip address of the pc with its port and the miracle occurs. one less cable in the tractor

Awesome blossom!

thanks I finally got it

1 Like

It’s a little magical, it just works lol.

Tervuren: Hi are you connecting a Swiftnav Piksi-Multi to ag open gps with WIFI? Could you post some pictures of your setup
Thanks

I use two piksimulti one in base the other in rover via gsm
base 192.168.1.200 port 55556
on the box open port 2101 and redirect to 192.168.1.200:5556
on the rover connect to the box address 999.999.999.999:2101
then establish the connection to agopen in udp2020-03-02 2020-03-02 (1) 2020-03-02 (2)

Thanks Ill look this over better after chores.

wwfarm Hi i got one like this and it says 9volt. You used 12volt and no issues?

thats right. I wondered about that to before i tried it but seems to works good

1 Like

I have everything needed in this box. Bud Industries NBF-32010. Can anyone tell me any reason it wouldn’t work long term? get to warm? etc? It works great now. Eliminates a lot of cable mess in tractor. Just plug in Ethernet cable to computer and everything works.
It has autosteer board pcbv2 cut down a bit to fit, 12-24v converter, tp-link router, rtk2board with wifi ntrip master, tcp232-t2 for gps over ethernet.

nbf-32010 box

2 Likes

Looks a tidy install, would be nice to see inside the box also if you have any photos?

the inside is what your not supposed to see. lol
not so tidy. glued stuff down in lid but in box router slides forward and then out so not hard to remove
box

3 Likes

I think it depends if its in an air conditioned cab or not. The udp module gets pretty hot, i made a small heatsink from an aluminum strip and some heatsink paste.

Looks good, what are you running with the F9P? An esp32? noticed you have ethernet interface on that, your own code or the xbee esp module from ardusimple support eth also now?

the wifi ntrip master from ardusimple is on the rtkboard to recieve rtk correction from my cell or 4g router. The tcp232-t2 takes nmea from rtk2board an converts to udp so thats how aog gets nmea. No I don’t do any coding. Just have to set tcp232-t2 up to send to right ip.

Im not sure what im missing on this ethernet setup. Maybe its a basic understanding of how networks are setup. Any tips on were to start. I have tp link router desktop computer with ethernet port and laptop with wifi :confused:

:slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: So i finally got it to connect. In ethernet window in piksi settings i put an IP address 198.168.0.103. tablet running AOG has IP address of 198.168.0.101 . So back in piksi settings in UDP client i put 198.168.0.101:9999 :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

if you use 192.168.0.255 it will broadcast to all ip’s and no matter where it is and who it is it will receive all the info.

255 means broadcast to all IP addresses

1 Like

Will you please help me with the configuration of the ethernet connections? Are there good reference materials out there somewhere? I have the same equipment that you have shown in your pictures. I’ve seen a few posts about using the arduino ethernet connection with the shield, but I haven’t found anything on how to wire the RTK2B to ethernet? What does this change in the code?

ethernet configuration_edited

how to connect tcp232 to rtk2 board
tx1 to rxd and rx1 to txd
5v from pcb board to 5v on rtk2board and to 5v vdd on tcp232
Gnd from pcb to rtk2board and to gnd on tcp232
Sodder wire from 3v3_out to ioref on rtk2board
Connect ethernet cable from tcp232 to router and another from router to computer
Set lan ip to 192.168.1.1 on router
Set tcp232 to (udp client) sending to 192.168.1.255 port 9999

Connect rtk2board to ucenter and change following settings
PRT (ports) set uart1 protocol in and out to nmea with 115200 baudrate
msg (messages) turn on or make sure uart1 is on for GxGGA, GxVTG and GxRMC

These pictures are the settings I used for the tcp232.
usr3 ![usr2|590x500]

local port should be 7777 or something other than 9999 and then aog ntrip port should be 7777

(upload://2aBzVR8YzeUdm0xxQkyzowhgQIe.jpeg) usr1

This is what worked for me but might be some better ways to do it.

2 Likes