Export begin and end work path to KML field attributes

Hi everybody,

I’ve been working on interoperability concerning auto-generate tracks from console to farm management information system with Field.kml file.
This file support KML 2.2 norm
I’ve just need 2 more attributes in this file to make a real traceability basics.

Is it possible to add begin and end attributes into Field.kml ?

The format look like YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS ex: ‘2021-05-05T11:00:15’

`

<Folder>
   <name>Sections</name>
   <Placemark>
     <name>Sections_2</name>
     <begin>2021-05-05T11:00:15</begin>
     <end>2021-05-05T12:22:18</end>
     <Style>
     </Style>
     <Polygon>
    </Polygon>

`

I’ve made some progress with it. Again, it restarts each section after a bit.

<Placemark>
         <name>Sections_0</name>
         <description>Section Begin,Monday, May 10, 2021 6:07:56 PM
Section End,Monday, May 10, 2021 6:08:07 PM</description>
         <begin>Monday, May 10, 2021 6:07:56 PM</begin>
         <end>Monday, May 10, 2021 6:08:07 PM</end>
         <Style>
            <LineStyle>
1 Like

Hi,

It s on the way. The date format has to be like 2021-05-05T11:00:15 for work properly.
I don t catch your issue on “restart” ?

By default this is how AOG works Sections.

The section is the section of tool width, not the section that has been painted. So, directly behind the first section, it is building a list of triangles. Once it has 36 it dumps them into a patch list. So, each tool section is made up of multiple patches. These are written into the kml in order of section. So, when turning a corner, the outside section may turn off. That turns off the super section (full width). Then each little section begins to record what is going on behind it, 36 triangles at a time. Clicking through the kml sections will show this.

Try this one.

The proper string format to get this is:

kml.WriteElementString("begin", triList[1].now.ToString("yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss"));
kml.WriteElementString("end", triList[triList.Count - 1].now.ToString("yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ss"));

Each Vec3 is given a default DateTime, and this time is stamped as system (now) when built.

Sections.kml (9.6 KB)

After retry, it’s works but we have to encapsulate begin and end in a TimeSpan

<name>Sections_0</name>
  <description>Section Begin,Tuesday, May.....</description>
  <TimeSpan>
    <begin>2021-05-25T22:31:29</begin>
     <end>2021-05-25T22:31:51</end>
  </TimeSpan>

kml

Well, wow!! It shows the time span on Google Earth. You can see the entire time in the field and drag through them to see the progress. Oh, now I see how this can be beneficial.

Sections.kml (46.0 KB)

1 Like

Of course yes :sweat_smile:

1 Like

hi @KentStuff,
What files and what modifications do you need to make to obtain this export?
Your modification is really very useful !
Thanks

Vec3 has to be modified to add date stamp. U-turn has a couple of lines of editing. Main changes are in the OpenSave. Not really bad. Admin says it takes too much memory to run on cheap tablets. Ran well on the desktop in simulator. I can build one and post it to try if you like.

Yes, I would like to test and see the changes you made. This feature is really very interesting!
Thanks

Here is the latest with the timestamp. This also has the switch to shut off the sticky AB. It does not mess with the sticky contour or curve. Just AB.

AgOpenGPS_v5-Timer-StickySwitch.zip

1 Like

Forgot to tell how to turn off… Green button is screen below. It will be red when off.
Updated with curve.

AgOpenGPS_v5-Timer-SSB.zip

1 Like

I tested in simulation mode … it’s really great!
Would you agree to share your source code or tell me which lines you modified in the files to have this timestamp.
thank you so much

I have posted the files I changed on the github above.

vec3 has one additional perimeter in each of the callouts.
Uturn has a small edit where it builds a point list.
Contour has the same problem uturn has and need adjusted for the vec3 extra term.
SaveOpen:
Section Open has to read the extra parameter.
Section Save has to write the extra parameter.
Save FieldKml has to take the first item and the last item from the section and get the begin and end time for each section and then build the section with begin and end with that time stamp.

That is about it.

1 Like

thank you so much