V5.1.4 Release

Hello, I did what you said, but there was no change, my goal is to see the path recorded in AOG in G Earth.

That was just to fix the ABLine so you could see it. I’ll build it for the recorded path and post it outside of this discussion, as it is not part of V5.

Edit: Here it is.

1 Like

Maybe a silly question but I couldn’t do it, what should I write where?
ws

Trouble with Google Earth, is that it is not real, nor is it accurate. If you scroll through the years of photographs you can watch them shift. In 2004, my house is sitting nearly 100 meters to the west.

Now if you are wanting to import and export in and out of google earth, you need to have a reference point. That reference point will have an east and west component. Based on your picture and the assumption that north is 45 degrees, then the south component is equal to the west component and is cos(45)(146). But again, that is assuming 45 degrees.

1 Like

Finally got a notice from RobotShop that my CMPS14 shipped. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to work with it again. I’d like to update from my version 3.x setup that has served quite well to do all the steering on the planter tractor for the last 3 years.

What would also be useful is to have the start date and the end date of work in the kml file.
A request has also just been made to have this information for the traceability of the work.

Possible feature or change that would be useful is to have Autosteer disengage once RTK signal is lost. I run into issues where I lose RTK and the tractor decides to jump 50cm one direction with no notice.

1 Like

Currently there is not a start and end date saved to the section. Sections start and stop often and save every so often. So, it processes it in chucks. Each chunk would only be seconds apart. And even at that the Sections are not in order in the kml. You would need a recorded path running. That could have a start and stop.

Id agree with this. Perhaps if RTK alarm is set then disengage steering if triggered?

Possible feature or change that would be useful is to have Autosteer disengage once RTK signal is lost. I run into issues where I lose RTK and the tractor decides to jump 50cm one direction with no notice.

I’ve been over about 700 acres now with v5, mostly spreading fertilizer. It’s been working great! I really appreciate the “delete applied area” function. It makes starting a new process in the field much easier than v4.3. I don’t have to remember to save under a different name all the time, just wipe the painted area clean and start again! Thanks.

1 Like

I’m sure 4.3 did actually have this. I think every version for quite a long time has had it?

@Alan.Webb You’re probably right. I’m sure there are plenty of tricks I’ve never found hiding in there.:grin:

Yes, it was always there :slight_smile:

Ya, there are a lot of little tricks - too many

This will be in 5.1.5

Thanks For doing this @KentStuff - so nice to copy and paste…

2 Likes

Abcurve isn’t shifting depending on the tool offset. (Tool offset is here 50 cm.) Though this works fine with abline. Is it hard to correct it in abcurve?
grafik

How can I run tinkerforge imu brick 2.0.
In version 4.3 it worked.

Hello.
I’m test your version in simulation. I have a question . Is there a poster of the distance to the headland? Have a display 4m before with a count down to 0.
For auto turn, is it possible to leave the space of a machine between each pass and not roll against the pass already made?

thank you

grafik
Here you can choose how many passes auto-uturn will skip.

If you use uturn there is a info about distance to the starting point of uturn routine. Other way there is no info about distance to headland or boundary. I’m missing it sometimes, too.

Uturn

1.- Distance to boundary
2.- Legs length
3.- Smooth entry and exit

Configuration/Uturn

Is 1 distance from tractor centre or tool edge?