F9P in ethernet mode

Ahh ok. Ill try that today

Changing the port fixed it. Thankyou

Pinned nice work :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

OK @Vili

So do you think the F9P on UDP is fast enough to pull off the PANDA trick without having to solder the gps and teensy directly together?

This would allow a tiny pcb like the CAN group is using to do everything except physically steer.
Then the cytron could be mounted directly at the steering wheel on udp for phidgets users.

I am seeing the UDP move as a way to make every item modular on the network. If you want to make future upgrades, you just replace one UDP connected module. Like if you changed to a different GPS manufacturers receiver it would only require network access for the one item to integrate into the existing installed AOG system.

I think it may be, but you will almost certainly have to adjust the delay on PANDA ino (test needed for better results)

Here is the Idea in hardware, but what I really need is a port for the UDP GGA to land in the teensy. Then you could use any branded receiver through AgIO, and achieve PANDA. Use UDP as a modular high speed bus, which it is.

1 Like

No need to involve AgIO, the UDP Teensy can receive the UDP GGA itself. But why not just connect the external gps receiver to the Teensy serial port that the f9p is connecting to now?

It cannot at the moment, this is what i am looking for.

It recieves the gga to the serial port of the teensy currently, not the UDP port

Hi!

I use the setup described at the beginning of the thread, but for some reason I can’t get the RTK to work by UDP. It works fine by USB but when I disconnect the USB port and try to use UDP it loses RTK and only gets GPS single connection.

Does anybody have an idea of what might be wrong?

have you validated the ntip by udp in agio and correctly configured the f9p and well saved

I have the settings ing Agio like this, and I have used the configurationfile made to fw1.13 (same that I have on ardusimple card) and a saved it using configuration view.

I have tried sending to both port 2233 and 2223.

When logging in to the TCP232-T2 module is the RX count suposed to count up?

what file are you talking about? make sure you have 5-rtcm3 IN on uart 1

One of the files you linked in your first post!

Yes I have got RTCM3 IN on uart 1 with baudrate 115200.

Can you cange your internet connection to something other than a .1 network? I think it can throw things out sometimes

may be a firewall or wiring problem the Local Port Number must be the same in the usr module and agio you can test with 55555 or 55556 or other port number

I had a similar experience, could only get rtk over usb. I double checked my connections and found out that I had somehow the tx from usr module was not connected. I connected it as it should be, and it has worked ever since.

Finally!!!
It was probably like you said Elliot. When I change my Wi-Fi connection from my home router using a .1 network to my mobile hotspot (that I’m also going to use in the tractor later) using a .10 network it works fine. Thank you guys!

1 Like

Would it be possible to use this ttl two ethernet adapter to connect a simpleRTK2B board and the IMU (CMPS or BNO) with a single ethernet cable? Could be interesting instead of a panda setup.

Yes it is

Here is remote gps and imu, plus panda! Panda is very stable.

1 Like