Fiat Trattori

Hello,

Steering mount files for Fiat 115-90 tractor.

Warning:
I made this design with a major constraint: the small printing volume of my Delta printer: 150mm diameter, height 200mm.
I thing with a bigger 3D printer, a smarter design can be done.
One consequence is that the steering wheel shall be tilted down and can no longer be adjusted as long as the system is mounted.

Pictures, STL files and printing instructions:

Assembly description:
Image1 Image2

Note about the ring gear (“Couronne 81 dents” part):
The ring gear is provided in 2 format:

• To be print in one part, so you have to disassemble the steering wheel to mount the ring gear on it
  • To be print in 3 parts, so you can mount the 3 parts on the steering wheel without disassembling it

Build of material for assembly

• Lock system (“Loquet à bascule” part): https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07CWV5M43/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • For assembly of the lock system on the motor mount (“Support moteur” part): 2 M3 12mm screew and M4 hexagonal bolt
  • Collar (“Collier” part) for assembly of the ring gear on the steering wheel: standard collar that you can found anywhere
  • For assembly of the motor inside the motor support (“Support moteur” part): 4 M5 10mm (or M5 12mm or M5 15mm)
  • For assembly of the “Mâchoire de verrouillage” part and “Mâchoire avec articulation support moteur” part together (and also the “Attache ressort” part): 5 M6 70mm screew and hexagonal bolt
  • Target screw for the inductive sensor (“Vis cible” part), 2 possibilities:
    _ M4 5mm screew screwed directly into the motor support part (I don’t use this one)
    _ Using this brass insert: https://fr.rs-online.com/web/p/inserts-filetes/0278534/?tpr=1 and then you can screew a M3 5mm screew inside (inscruction for use of brass insert, in French but picture are sufficient: Assemblage et fixation des impressions 3D - Filimprimante3D)
  • Assembling of the lock part and the lock closure part (“Fermeture crochet loquet à bascule” part), again 2 solutions:
    _ Using 2 brass insert (same than previous) and 2 M3 screew (I don’t use this one)
    _ Using 2 M3 threaded shaft, cut them to the right dimentions and screew them at both ends
  • A 8.5mm axle or a M8 90mm screew to assemble the motor mount on the support
  • If you choose the ring gear part to be print in 3 separates parts: 3 M5 20mm screew and M5 hexagonal screew
  • One or 2 spring (“Ressort” part) like this: https://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/ressort-de-traction-acier-standers-diam-1-8-mm-l-62-e1401456389

Math

1 Like

Hello,

Steering mount files for Fiat F100 tractor: this is the same design than the 115-90, with some shape modification for the F100 tractor.

Warning:
Same warning as for the 115-90 design. But with event less marging for the mounting of the motor.

Pictures, STL files and printing instructions:

Assembly description:
Same as the 115-90 design.
Image1 Image2

Note about the ring gear (“Couronne 81 dents” part):
Same as 115-90 design.

Build of material for assembly
Same as 115-90 design, except for:

• For assembly of the “Mâchoire de verrouillage” part and “Mâchoire avec articulation” part together (and also the “Attache ressort” part): 5 M6 80mm screew and hexagonal bolts

Math

Good work, there are so many fiat 90 series tractor in the european farms.

You can upgrade the system with speedyblock pneumatic toggle clamp like this https://www.speedyblock.it/s-toggle-clamps_Toggle-clamps—Pneumatic-series_21_en.html

Hello,

Hitch sensor support for mounting a sensor on the hitch to act as a work switch.

Sensor model used: https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07P5YVX31/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=thingiverse09-20

See video here:

Math

Looks very nice, i was thinking about mounting a pull type switch on the fender with a long spring and an adjustable chain that pulls when you lower the hitch but this also looks interesting.

I am trying to use this on a Deere, the gears of this design could easily be modified for universal fit. I had to do some impatient butchering with a buffer wheel but it still locks to the very oddball steering wheel and column of a JD 3038e compact tractor. Have to make the motor mount custom no matter what.

Reasons I like your design very specifically are the herringbone gears, and zip tie mounting system. If zip ties are good enough for NASA they are good enough for me too. The zip ties center the gear very solidly even without ideal hub or gear to steering wheel contact.

@Math Do you still have the original drawings of just the gears?

IMG_9638
IMG_9640

Hello,

The source files are freely available in OnShape public document:

So open the workspace and copy it into your Onshape documents. And then start to edit everything you want.
If you don’t have Onshape, just register: it completely free for non commercial use.
Just paid attention to the licence of my design: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0: so basicly do what you want with the design, just share it for free (non commercial use).
In all case, if you have only a free licence of Onshape, you cannot sell your design.

Also, the workspace has 2 branchs now : the original branch with the 81 teeth gear design share here.
A new branch with a 98 teeth gear design: design almost finish but never tested for now, so it’s why I haven’t share it now.

Math

I gave OnShape an honest try it looks pretty good, but unfortunately my mind is stuck on AutoCAD controls. So started from scratch in Fusion 360. Printing these off right now to test them, if they mesh well I will post the .stl
IMG_E9714

1 Like

Hello,

For me it’s the opposite !
I learn CAD during my engineering studies with Solidworks (the creator of Solidworks left DS to create OnShape) and then Catia. So when I try Onshape, I immediately felt at ease: everything was like I learned with Solidworks and Catia, but with a more user friendly interfaces, and more powerfull and practical functions.
I give an honnest try to Fusion 360: I found it horrible ! I felt complely lost, couldn’t find proper function etc… Every step of my design was painful.

But I know, 99% of the maker community work with Fusion 360, I feel like I’m the only one to use OnShape !

Math