Flow meter

So the RC15 doesn’t have anything to open and close the valve?

Yes it also has a motor controller the does -12V and 12V. The app works with whatever motor controller is used. If the motor controller can do 12V then the app can control it. If the motor controller is providing 5V or 24V it is controlled in the same way.

Hmmm. I have my valve hooked to M1A and M1B.

I’ll have flash another board so I can do more testing.

Are you using a cytron or some other motor controller?

The board I’m using has a built in motor controller (I :thinking: think)

So it does…

So doing a little probing. The voltage varies on the main valve, but it seems like my sections aren’t turning on allowing flow. Do I have to turn those on manually?

I can seem to turn the sections on because it disconnects from AOG for simulating speed.

Got the sections working.

Now I’m working with the flow valve. This old sprayer has been replumbed and hacked (and it’s my first sprayer) so I have to figure everything out from scratch.

The flow valve doesn’t seal (and it is just an 2 way) and I wonder if that is what is causing some of my problems. One other sprayer is saw had a 3 way valve so that the pump didn’t dead head, it diverted the extra flow to agitate.

How are sprayers flow valves supposed to work?

A 2 way valve will work. Using a switchbox or the rate app on-screen switches, rate up/down should move the valve in manual.

1 Like

It’s best to have somewhere for the flow to go when the sections are all closed. Either a bypass valve or pressure relief valve… less critical if it’s a centrifugal pump, and vital if it’s a positive displacement pump

2 Likes

Another issue that I didn’t notice earlier. I am now running with UPD. I don’t remember it when I ran wireless. ( have a video but it is to big to upload) every small change from the flow meter (1 second update?) creates massive fluctuations in l/acre. 90,1800,73,600,49,1500, 51…… anyone else noticed this? Looking closer my flow meter is maybe erratic.

Are most flow meters 12v? I can’t find info on mine except what someone posted on here unverified by documents.

More testing. I replaced the leaking butterfly valve with a power ball flow valve. Now I’m suspecting a “false interrupt” issue with the flow counter. When I am parked the flow meter works very good at different volumes of flow. Very high and very low. When I drive it doesn’t start till I switch on the pump (maybe forced 0 in the software?) it settles once in a while and then the valve starts to compensate but most it counts up by leaps and bounds even if I switch off and the pump. I will try a new connector to see if that helps at all.

No joy. Shows I applied 60L in 50 ft and not a drop came out.

Anyone else using this with a flow meter?

Don’t know if I’ve mentioned this is an old sprayer not sure what the previous owners all did. My flow meter is after the flow valve. I’ll try swapping that to see if the flow meter is more stable under constant pressure

Found something else … when I set the rate to 10000L the flow meter settles down. (The valve opens and stays there) wondering about interference now. Either a higher voltage flow sensor or shielded wire :thinking:

Have you tuned the PID at all?

Most off the time it seems better to select “Multi-Pulse” in the rate method, in Option, in the product tab.

Also begin the control with integral at 0 and just a little of derivative

What is the science behind multi pulse?