Getting started with PCB hardware for beginners

You need to send the module configuration first. Otherwise it won’t do anything

How do you know which way round the capacitors are meant to be from the schematic??

The small capacitors can be both ways. The elektrolyt capacitors are marked with a line ( mostly negative signs)
On the PCB you see the full white marking inside the electrolyt “drawing”. It marks negative side.

I was looking at the wiring diagram and didn’t seem to see a 12v to 5v step down do you still need one ??

There are two 12 to 5v regulators on the pcbv2, named 78xx

Is that ic 1 and 2

Correct vx 7805 in the parts list

Thanks

thank all for the help the nano was the problem. but now I have a wheel angle sensor and it works but it does not want to talk to the motor or the citron. any ideas

i can control the motor by hand with the cytron two buttons

Please read this thread and watch the video New Version 4.1.1 - Hardware Software, Testing and Hooking up
Also your pictures above show ibt_2 but you talk about cytron now.

i changed it out

found the problem , dumb me forget about the min speed . work great now

1 Like

For the ibt 2 using the pcb which way round are the wires going? On the pcb there is gnd pwm 1 and 2 and then dir1. How’s this connecting to the ibt 2

you can see the wiring for both cytron and ibt_2 in steer.png file in docs in the support folder

It must be noted that in steer.png the IBT2 supply lines + 12V and GND have swapped places. The correct polarity can be checked from the bottom of IBT2.

Is there a actual parts list that is not from Digikey? I have been looking for that?

I found the list, at the bottom of the excel file.

Just ordered everything today, this should be good fun. Cant wait to get a working unit and get to play around with the Arduino code.

dose someone have the code to rum tihs compas separete as imu